05 - Swords and Spears

Start from the beginning

"Ah, it's you again. May I ask why you're here?" he asked, noticing you standing by the doorframe.

"I came here to ask you if I can learn swordsmanship??" the little boy turned his head and shouted, "Are you kidding?? What's your reason to learn swordsmanship?!"

"Well, I know martial arts but I needed to be better equipped and I had never held a sword before so this dojo seems to be the right place for me to train" you replied. The little boy's head shot up and before he could say anything, his sensei stopped him.

"That's enough, Zoro. What's your name, girl??" his sensei asked. "My name is (First Name)" you replied. "Well, (First Name). I will allow you to learn swordsmanship although there may be some people who are not comfortable having a woman as a swordswoman. Are you still up for it??" he asked. You bowed to him in respect and replied, "I will be in your care!!"

Over the past few weeks, you have been training with the sword and you did quite well although Zoro is still wary of you. You tried to talk to him but he always ignores you or he escapes from your sight. Everything changes on that day.

______________________________________________________

One month later~

You managed to learn the basics of swordsmanship and you even found out that you're good with 2 swords. While you were training with your 2 bamboo swords, Zoro walked to you and raised his bamboo sword at you.

"(First Name), since you already know a bit about swordsmanship, I challenge you to a duel!! We will be using real swords!!" he declared.

Your eyes widened at his declaration. You, a duel with a kid?? You gotta be kidding right now. However, you always wanted to test out the skills you've been training for over a month. You asked the other students for a spar but they either refused or mocked you bc they don't want to have a duel with a woman and thought you were weak.

The students and your sensei are sitting at the side, watching your spar. You were holding 2 real swords while Zoro held 3. Two in his hands while one in his mouth.

"Zoro, you can do it!!"

"Yea, show the girl what you got!!"

You ignored their cheers as Zoro attacked first.

"Oni...giri!!"

You managed to block his attack with one sword as you put a bit more raw strength into it. The little boy was shocked that you managed to block that since no one could block it. He stepped back and tried to attack again.

"Tiger.....trap!!"

It was then you decided to strike. You parry his attack with one sword while you aim for his throat with the other. You stopped there and Zoro broke down in a cold sweat. As much as you wanted it to last longer, you have to end it quickly as you don't want to hurt his pride if you defeat him.

"There's no way our strength is this big of a gap!! I've been here longer than you so how?!" he asked.

You do not know why either but it was most likely thanks to your monstrous strength that you managed to beat him. You turn around and whistled to dodge the question. The kids and sensei were shocked that a newbie like you managed to beat Zoro.