ROMEO

Hi everyone, enjoy the first chapter of Romeo's book :)

——————

There's a lot of things i like about sharing a birthday. The first being that Ilaria loves attention so everyone forgets about me. The second is that papa always takes me to the cliff and we just sit and talk for hours on end until momma is shouting down the phone at us to return to watch Ilaria cut her cake. The third is parties.

I hate parties, but i like sitting in the corner of a room and remembering faces that i've met throughout the year. It's a game i play with myself. I focus in on them and remember all of the stuff they told me when they met me.

A photographic memory is cool to have sometimes, other times it's absolutely horrible.

Ilaria runs over to me, kissing me on the cheek like she always does. I wipe it away, like i always do.

"Stop being mean." She kisses my cheek again, i wipe it away again.

"Stop kissing me." I push her shoulder.

She rolls her eyes, "Can you stop being boring and standing there?"

"No." I sarcastically smile.

She hands me her drink, "At least drink a little."

"I don't drink." I push the drink back to her, "Where's Matt?"

She shrugs, "Can you go get me more alcohol?"

"Momma stocked the kitchen up."

She smirks, "And it's already all gone."

"I'll be back in ten." I push myself off the wall, walking up the stairs. I knock on my parents door, momma shouts for me to come in.

I walk in, she was doing her makeup on the floor like she usually does. "Yes?"

"Where's papa?"

"Roman." She shouts.

Dad walks out of the bathroom, "Why can't you be a normal kid and party?"

"Because. Can i use your ID?"

He points to his wallet on the drawer, "What are you getting?"

"ran out of alcohol."

"Already?" Mom looks behind her, "What!"

"There's like three hundred kids downstairs." I'm surprised there is so many.

"Dont spend too much, i don't want to be responsible for a bunch of kids." Dad walks back into the bathroom.

I open his wallet, looking at the picture of us when we were all kids, then the picture of momma. I take out the picture, she looks so beautiful in this, it's from their wedding day.

"You like that photo." She takes it off me, looking at it too.

"You look pretty in it." I take dads ID, "Ilaria resembles you so much."

"I'd like to think so, she is my daughter." She kisses me on the cheek, "Your dad will take you out later on."

"Where are you going?"

"Luca took the twins out so they're not... around, so i'm going to join them so i'm not around." She puts the picture back in dads wallet. "Asher will be here, he's just with Matteo. He's drunk and crying."

Typical Matteo.

He always cries when he's drunk and it's about the stupidest things. He cried, literally sobbed whenever i wouldn't give him a hug.