53. Luca

Roman and I walk into the casino at the hotel, we left Arabella with my mom for the day so we can get business done. "Mr. Armani, there's an FBI agent here to speak to you." One of the waiters walks up to me.

Romans eyes glance around the room, "It's Hamada and Da Rosa."

I sigh, i know they've been getting close, and i figured out there in New York for one reason and that's to try and catch Roman. They're damn close as well, if Roman was fucking spectacular at what he did, we would all be in prison right now.

"I know how to deal with Da Rosa, Hamada too."

"Come with me." I start walking up to them, they were sitting at the bar. Hamada had a bottle of water while Da Rosa had a bottle of beer. If they're here, the rest are.

"How can i help you today?" I sigh, motioning for the bartenders. He nods his head in understanding to give me my normal drink.

Roman takes the side of Hamada, i take the side of Da Rosa.

Hamada looks between us, "We wanted to speak with Armani, not you." He looks to Roman.

"I don't care." Roman smiles, a cocky smile.

"I have video footage of you and Mr. Reigns wife, Arabella Reign, walking into a hospital, both bloody, her a little more. I got our tech to retrace the video and it was twenty minutes apart from when a black SUV sped off with, missing person, Aaron Chan in the back." Da Rosa sips on his drink, "Now, it wasn't you driving the vehicle, Armani. It was Asher Reid, but the SUV was under your name."

"Wow, pigs really do have a lot of time on their hands." Roman takes down a shot, "Can i see this footage?"

"This doesnt concern you, Reign." Hamada's fist tightens around the bottle.

"It concerns my wife and... well, that means it concerns me." He smiles again.

"We'll be questioning your wife as well, Reign. On medication, the doctor said she was crying about being tortured." Da Rosa raises his voice a little, "I don't really give a shit about the things you do, but you lay hands on a woman again and i'm am going to kill you myself."

Roman nods his head, "I am very scared for that day, Ace. Though, you can return back to the house with me and my wife will tell you i have never laid my hands on her like that. We don't abuse our wives, not like your mamma was."

Da Rosa looked to Hamada before picking up his beer and walking away, Roman doing what Roman does best, getting under peoples skin.

"That's low, at least his mamma didn't kill herself." Hamada trails his tattooed finger around the rim of the glass.

Roman smiles at Hamada's comeback, "We have a couple things in common, Hamada. You know that, right?"

"I know we do, Roman." Hamada puts his attention on him. "We both were abused by our fathers, we both would do anything to protect the girl we love, we both would rather not be in this constant cycle of shit."

Roman smiles wider this time, genuinely impressed by Hamada. Nobody knows what his father did to him but his family, "Which one of my family members told you that?"

"You get the right person to handle your sister and she can talk." He smiles back, a fake smile. "Tell me, does Arabella know how you got those scars over your body?"

Roman indulges Hamada, "You can add manipulative on that list of things we have in common. And no, she doesn't. She's sensitive, quite like your girl. Would probably cry if she found out what happened."

"I just want to know where Aaron Chan is." Hamada looks at me, "Police are investigating you. This entire building is laced with cops, tell me where he is and i'll get them all to leave."

"I don't know who Aaron Chan is, shouldn't you be investigating Asher Reid seeing as he was the one driving the car?" I sip on my drink, knowing Asher is in China, he won't get investigated until he's home which gives us enough time to make up a story.

"Asher Reid bought a plane ticket to China two days ago." He sips on his water, "You're the next suspect, then Mrs. Reign."

"Feel free to stop by the house any time you want." Roman says.

"Tonight. Be expecting us then." Hamada stands up, "Stop watching my girl." He says to Roman.

"Me?"

"Your men. You think i don't recognise that crown tattoo? She's innocent. You wanna pin this on someone, do it to me. Not to her."

Roman only does it because Arabella tells him too, she makes sure none of the men that Hamada pisses off get close to Athena. Because she's just a pure soul.

Roman stands up too, both of them the same height but there's something about Hamada that just makes him a whole lot scarier than Roman is, probably something to do with his tattoos. "Same thing applies to you. You want to drag my wife into your shit show of an investigation and best believe it's only going to get harder for you."

Hamada narrows his eyes, "Is that a confession?"

"Can't confess to something i didn't do."

Hamada rolls his eyes, walking away.

I sit on the next seat and Roman stays standing, "Call your mom and tell her what's happening."

"What about-"

He shuts me up, pointing to his ear. "I'll call Arabella, she'll be worried."

I look down to the seat Hamada was on and place my fingers under it, feeling the small microphone.

Roman and his intelligence.

I rip it off, turning to look at Da Rosa standing by the door, looking this way.

I lift up Hamada's glass, dropping the microphone into the glass. Da Rosa jaw clenched, he turned and walked away, Hamada following after him.

"Let's go."

We were just trying to do real business not get caught up in FBI shit.

Roman starts driving, "Gio, put the guys in the barn house basement and cover it with hay, stuff their mouths too. Feds are on their way."

He yells orders the entire drive back to the house and thankfully, we arrived before the feds did.

Arabella was curled up with my mom on the couch, as if nothings happened. "Hi." Mom says, half asleep. Arabella, i'm pretty sure, was asleep.

"Is she sleeping?" Roman asks.

"Yeah, she's got quite the lot of energy." Mom runs her fingers through Arabella's hair. "What's going on? I heard something about the feds?"

"Yeah they're coming here to question Arabella." Roman throws a blanket over them both, "You can stay, i can handle the agents."

"Of course you can." Mom mumbles, "Never understood that about you. Handle everyone, even if they were twice your age."

"Talent of mine." Roman winks.

=
=
=
=
=
lol sorry didn't mean to not update yesterday but i'm stressed w exams and all

word count: 1183