Chapter 4- Couch Potatoes

Mellie's POV

Calum looked as though he didn't care that I stormed into his house and completely ignored him, actually when I saw his face he blushed. By that time I realized that I was blushing, I looked away. He could never know I liked him! Ashton placed me on the couch gently then left the room to get me a glass of water. Calum and I where left alone.

I didn't know what to say, or ever whether to talk. Calum seemed just was nervous which was strange seeing as he was like the alpha male at school, but when he was around me he was like a tortoise that crept back into its shell.

He spoke first.

"So.. umm.. what happened?"

"I'm sorry I know your trying to be nice but I just don't really want to talk about it." I replied harsher than intended.

Calum just looked like I had told him that his whole family had died! I didn't know what to do, I felt really bad but also strangely intrigued. Why did he seem so upset by my reply its not like he's ever noticed me before! I could tell that that our previous conversation made him feel awkward because he was constantly moving from the edge of the sofa to standing up again.

I was contemplating wether or not to tell Calum what happened, surely he wouldnt tell anyone, I thought, did i really need to tell him? Calum kept sneeking short looks at me when he thought that i wasn't looking, just to make sure that i didnt cry again. It wouldnt hurt anyone if i told him, would it? But then again shouldnt i tell Ashton first, hes my brother after all and he knows better than i know myself. Where was Ashton? It had been at least 10 minutes and he still hasn't come back with my water! Maybe it was his plan to force me into talking with Calum, if it was, i will kill him later!

"Ummm.. i think that ill find Ashton..." Calum spoke breaking the silence between them. Calum got up off the arm rest of the couch and started walking towards the kitchen. Before my brain knew what it was doing, i quickly jumped off the couch and grabbed his arm stopping him from leaving the room. He turned around with a confused look on his face.

" I'm getting bullied at school." i blurted out. Before i even finished the sentence he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

*ALTERNATIVE ENDING, HE STARTED STROKING MY HAIR TO COMFORT ME, I PURRED IN CONTENTMENT AND THEN IT HIT ME, I WAS A CAT!*

.. . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . . .

A/N

i hope you like it ;)

i dedicated this chapter to my best friend @leggy2001 who helped me write the last two chapters :)