S:2 ; Ch:2

Jay, Cole, and Zane walked up the stairs in silence. Suddenly, the stairs began vibrating, and the three stopped. A sudden wave of students passed the stairway, rushing as though their lives were at stake.

"What's going on?" Jay asked. His situation had gotten better as he walked up the stairs.

"I sense a fire," Zane said. The school's alarm rang, confirming Zane's statement.

"You don't think- " Cole asked but stopped midway.

"Cole?" Jay asked, looking at his friend, who seemed to be thinking. "Is this how I look when  I space out?

"No, your face looks more dazed," Zane told him.

Cole snapped out of it. "We need to run."

"Huh?"

"Run!" Cole pulled on the two others' arms and ran up the stairs.

"Cole, what's going on?" Jay said, trying to keep up. Cole was moving faster than he usually does, puzzling both Jay and Zane.

An explosion occurred outside, leaving a hole in the wall where they had stood. The three had reached the top of the stairs but moved back just in case.

"For the third time, what is going on?" Jay asked, panicked, "Is the school under attack?!"

"Only one way to find out," Zane said.

"Right," Cole agreed, "Where's the nearest exit, Zane?"

"This way," Zane said. He led them to an empty classroom. "There are no cameras here, so let's hurry."

The three did Spinjitzu, a move their Sensei taught them two years before. Immediately, the three stood dressed in gis of varying colors.

"Ready?" Black asked.

"When are we not?" Blue asked, joking.

"To think you were panicking and screaming for help like a little girl only seconds ago," Black said with a smirk.

"I wasn't screaming like a little girl!"

"You sure?"

"Very sure!"

"Guys," White said, "Now is not the time for this. Let's head outside."

White hopped out of the window, the other two ninjas following behind. They soon found themselves on the other side of the school building, at the far back.

The place was in flames, and the ninjas could barely see anything because of all the smoke.

"White, scan the area for the source." Black asked, "Blue, check for anyone who might be in trouble. I'll see if I can put out this fire."

"Sure thing," White and Blue said in response. White pressed a few buttons on a watch on his wrist while Blue looked around.

"I see a small shed," White said, "There seems to be someone inside. He's conscious and huddled against the wall. I think the source of the fire should be right around where this person is."

"Who is it? Blue, see if you can get to the shed." Black stated.

"On my way," Blue replied.

"I cannot tell who the person is. The heat and smoke are interfering with my system." White said to Black.

"How are you waterproof, noise-proof, crash-proof, and tree-proof, but not heat-proof?!" Blue asked.

"Tree-proof?!" Black and White asked confusedly.

"Yeah," Blue said matter-of-factly over the commlink, "Remember when we were walking, and a tree whacked White off an apartment complex?"

"A tree whacked me?!" White asked, surprised.