Chapter 26

A loud tap on the window of Zane's room snapped him out of his dream. The blonde sat up on his bed, tired as ever, his human-like appearance giving no room for doubt. The tap was repeated on the window, startling the android wide awake. He turned towards the window, moving his whole body in a motion to stand up.

"The green ninja?!"

A pair of bright green eyes stared back at Zane without saying anything. The green ninja -Green, as he was known- tapped once again. The nindroid dashed for the locked window and proceeded to open it. Green entered in, dusting off the snow. He dropped the bag he was carrying on the floor and walked inside the room.

"What brings you here?" Zane asked nervously. He was thinking of all the possible reasons why the green ninja would visit his home in the dead of the night. However, the only reason that made sense was that the green ninja had discovered his identity as the ice ninja.

It was eerily silent as the two stood in the heated room filled with a one-sided awkward silence.

"Getting straight to the point," Glowing green eyes that seemed like they could light up the room turned to the android standing behind him. "Contact the rest of the ninja. Lloyd Garmadon is up to some very suspicious activity."

"Ninja? I don't think I know what you're talking about..." Zane's voice trailed off. He was worried and slightly confused about what was going on.

"I know you're the ice ninja, Zane."

It was silent for a moment. The exposed Nindroid took a moment to process what the green ninja had said. The boy carefully reached for his soft mattress and took a seat on it.

"You must be mistaken, green ninja," Zane said, hoping to keep up the charade.

"Look, Zane! Now's not the time!" It didn't seem like Green was in the mood for games. The startled Zane watched him take a deep breath before joining him on the bed.

"Lately, I've been feeling weird," Green continued, "I forget who I am from time to time. I get headaches that pop up anytime I think of the ninjas. I came back to the base. I wanted to know if you guys had been dealing with something similar. However-"

Green choked back some tears.

"Hey, it's okay."

Zane wasn't sure what to do. It was either he console Green or try to keep up the charade. Zane decided on the latter. Since he wasn't sure whether it really was Green, he chose to play it safe.

"Look, green ninja," Zane said, "I'm sorry. I can't help you."

"Why?"

"I am not the ice ninja."

Green looked at the Nindroid, confused. He grabbed Zane's arms.

"Maybe you don't remember.. like I didn't?! It's like how you guys didn't remember me when I went to the base. And even now, I can't remember what I was doing at the base. All I know is that you guys forgot me..."

Green had tears flowing down his face.

"Come on, White! You have to remember!!" Green shook Zane violently, his hands gripping Zane's arms tightly.

Zane pushed Green's hands off. "Calm down!"

Green stared at Zane, sad as ever. Getting up from the bed, he wiped his tears and then walked towards the window. Green then looked back at Zane.

"I'm sorry."

Zane felt guilt pulling on his heartstrings.

"It's about time I left," Green said, forcing a smile.

"Wait, hold on!" Zane said. He still had several questions he wanted answered.

Green jumped out the window, diving down four stories. Zane rushed to the window and looked outside. Green was gone. All that remained was the snow.

"Well, that was a hectic night," Zane said, worried.

The nindroid turned to look for his phone with a plan to make an emergency call to Jay and Cole. Suddenly, he felt his leg kick against something. It caused it to fall and all its contents to spill.

"Oh, my first spinjitzu master..."

~X~x~X~x~X~

"Thomas reporting. The mission is completed. The ninja will be there in 10 minutes."

~X~x~X~x~X~