Leonard chuckled softly. "It seems you found this place as well. No worries, children, I'm not here to reprimand you."

     Alphard, Fabula, and Myrtle watched the Minister as though he had grown three heads, their eyes instantly looking for an escape route just in case Leonard really was crazy. Just before they could, a door appeared in place of the solid wall.

   "What-" Fabula breathed out.

    Alphard blinked profoundly, as though the door would disappear and prove this was a figment of his imagination. Myrtle herself gaped at the door, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

    "Close your eyes, you'll catch a fly," Lestrange muttered begrudgingly. Myrtle closed her mouth before briefly glaring at him.

    Leonard heaved a deep breath before he open the door with a dramatic swing of his arm. The group of students carefully stepped through the door, eyes as wide as saucers as they entered a hall with nothing but doors lining each side. Each door had a separate symbol engraved into it. As they crowded into the hall, they inspected the various signs. One was a wand, another was a book, another a star, and so on.

   "What is this place?" Alphard asked, eyes flitting from one door to the other.

    "The room of requirement. Though, it looks different according to your requirement," replied Leonard, his eyes crinkling at their corners as he noticed the boy's wonder. He remembered his own when he'd discovered the room of requirement. His gaze shifted to the other Slytherin boys. There was no doubt they were familiar with the room of requirement, their initial panic had said enough. "You've been here," he said quietly when he noticed the other three occupied in studying the hall.

    They jumped in response, turning to face him. They looked unsure of what to say. Should they deny it? Should they plea guilty? Would he drop it if they remained quiet? The Minister let out a small laugh, all too aware of what was going on in their heads. Oh, how he wished he were young again.

    "You boys are too tense. Relax. I understand the title of Minister intimidates you, but I'm not here to put you in more trouble, I promise."

    They nodded, but their shoulders were still as stiff as a rock. It'll take time, he thought to himself.

    "Minister," Leonard raised his head towards the blonde girl, nodding in both acknowledgment and encouragement. "Why did you bring us here?"

    He sighed. "Take a walk with me, children." Said children exchanged glances once more, only walking when they noticed Leonard beginning to walk ahead of them. "You may already know why I'm here."

    "Because of the Ministry's decision," Reinhard grumbled.

   "We've already told you guys," Myrtle began. "We aren't lying. Even the letter proves it."

   "I'm aware," that seemed to stun them to a stop.

   "You are?" half of them questioned.

   "Yes. Unfortunately, everything published in the news is a lie. It's a stunt."

    Realization dawned on them, lips parting, eyes growing distant, faces darkening. Out of them all, Rosier looked the most angry, his blazing eyes shooting up to the Minister once he digested the new information. "How could you?" he spat. Fabula, who stood behind him, placed a hand on his shoulder as though to remind him who he was talking to, but soon, a few of the other boys began to murmur their displeasure. 

   Leonard's eyes fell to his shoes. He was expecting this reaction. His lower teeth gnawed on his upper lip as he studied the polish on them. As expensive as ever the polish was, a sign to the wealth he accumulated after his promotion to Minister. He always thought the Minister had the most power, but the current circumstances proved him wrong. He had never felt so powerless until now.