39. Weasley is our queen

Start from the beginning

The skies grew dark as time passed. No golden snitch in sight. Amelia flew aimlessly trying hard to spot the tiny golden snitch that her team desperately needed her to do. It is her only job. But the sound of Madam Hooch yells and repeatedly blowing into her whistle caught her attention.

She landed on the ground and walked up to her team. Shivering as she spoke. 

" What's going on?"

" Gryffindor called for a time out. Have you seen the snitch yet?" One of her teammates asked.

" If I did the game would be over now," said Amelia, her voice annoyed as she started to feel uncomfortable in her wet clothes. " What's the score anyway?"

" They are up fifty points," Flint announced, angrily.

The whistle sounded once again and up went the Slytherin team. Amelia felt slightly discouraged by the current points but she decided not to dwell on it too much. She had the chance to turn things around for them. All she needed was to find a golden snitch in the treacherous weather.

Her eyes looked attentively as they blinked away the rain. But when Amelia turned her head and caught sight of Harry Potter looking at the sky, the golden snitch was hovering, tauntingly, a few feet behind him. Like the flashes of lightning in the sky, Amelia raced forward. Eyes locked on the snitch.

" Harry behind you!" Oliver's voice yelled in desperation. 

The snitch began to race away once Amelia closed it on it. She speeds after it. Not concerning herself if Potter was close behind. 

" Come on," Amelia grunted as the snitch was almost in her clasp. She leaned forward in her broom, eyes zoomed in on the snitch. She lunged forward, flipping over with her broom still in hand. Losing control, she tumbled to the ground. Her broom flew away on impact as she tried to soften the blow with her left hand. 

" AMELIA!"

Her head hurt. As did the rest of her body. Especially her left arm. But with the little strength she had, she lifted her right hand to show off the golden snitch that rested between her fingers.

The Slytherin stand erupted in cheers. Loud enough to be heard past the rain and a couple of boos ( and the hysterical crying of Oliver Wood). A new chant emerged from her house. Amelia tried to listen but her body gave up. She laid back down on the ground, tired and cold. All she wanted was to sleep for the rest of the week. But of course, her house and teammates did not let her. For she felt her body being lifted. She opened her eyes and saw the many faces of Slytherins. All were drenched from the rain but their smiles were bright.

" WEASLEY IS OUR QUEEN! WEASLEY IS OUR QUEEN!"

" YOU DID AMELIA! I KNEW IT!"

Amelia grunted at the sound of Aries's voice, still cursing at him, but she smiled. People who she never interacted with came up to her. Thanking and hugging her in gratitude. Amelia tried to get away from the crowd. Her body ached and she strongly believed she broke her arm during the fall. But more Slytherins congratulated her. Only just now realizing how popular quidditch truly is.

" How did we not know you were this good at Quidditch?" Justin's voice sounded in her ear as he hugged her unexpectedly. " That was amazing!"

" Thanks, Justi— Why are you wearing red?" Amelia looked between the two boys who stood out. Wearing red and golden amongst the Slytherin celebration.

" Don't be mad—"

" If you needed something green you could have just asked."

" That and we just could not find it in ourselves to wear those colors," Ernie added. Looking around, seething at all the happy Slytherins. "And green is not my color."

𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara