38. Quidditch team

●●●

●●●

The November weather brought nothing but rain and frosted grass. Horrible weather to host a quidditch match in. But that wasn't the reason why the Slytherins were debating on canceling their match. It was because of Draco's supposed injury.

" What do you mean you can't play?" Flint's words were said loudly catching everyone's attention in the Slytherin common room. Amelia was sitting at one of the study tables with Aries, helping review some charms for his upcoming test when Draco decided to drop the news to his team.

" My arm is still hurt from the attack —"

" The attack was two months ago!" Flint said angrily. The veins on his neck popped out as he spoke.

" And it is still injured."

" Have Pormfey fix it."

" She has —"

" Well ask her again!"

Amelia watched. Astonished that Draco Malfoy was being yelled out by the captain. He always seemed untouchable, especially since his father bought the entire team new brooms to grant him a position.

" Just cancel the match." Draco shrugged, not caring about the deadly look he was receiving from Flint.

" You are costing us the quidditch cup Malfoy!"

" We'll get them next year." Draco waved off as he sat leisurely on the couch.

" This would be our last season!" A seventh-year argued. His face was red from simply looking at Malfoy. As Amelia watched the two players argue with their wounded seeker, Amelia smiled and looked over at her friend.

" Why don't you replace Malfoy?" Amelia asked Aries, who was practicing a spell.

" In what?"

" As seeker." Aries laughed loudly, completely dismissing Amelia's suggestion.

" Amy, I'm rubbish at quidditch."

" Really? Why did I assume Scammanders were good at sports?" Amelia asked out loud. Perhaps she was mixing him up with someone else. She wasn't sure.

" Ouch," Aries said. Plastering a fake hurt expression, " Why don't you?"

" Why don't I what?" Amelia hummed.

" Play Seeker? They are going to be looking for someone new after this stunt Malfoy is pulling." Aries said, side-eyeing the boy who ignored the yells of his captain, " Plus aren't Weasley's good at quidditch?"