3. The sorting hat

°°°

°°°

Amelia walked down the corridor of the train as she looked for her brother. Each compartment she passed didn't contain her redhead- freckled-faced of a brother.

And when she did come across a redhead boy she would peer in to see if it was Ron and immediately leave once she realized it wasn't him.

She started to get nervous wondering if Ron had somehow missed the train. Well of course he didn't! Mum was there and she would never let him miss his first day. Amelia thought as she desperately looked for Ron.

Her nervousness quickly vanished once she reached one of the compartments that were in the very back. There, she spotted her brother ( who for some reason looked shocked) and the boy who they had met at King Cross Station.

Amelia opened the compartment. When she walked in, her arms were crossed against her chest as she stared down at her brother angrily.

" There you are you weasel! Why didn't you come to find me? I was getting worried!" Amelia scoffed as she waited for Ron to reply.

The truth was that Ron slightly slipped her mind as she got caught up talking to the three first years she met. But, she instantly became worried when she realized how long he had been gone.

" Couldn't find you! Not my fault. Here sit down! You're gonna need it." Ron made some space for Amelia to sit.  With a sigh, Amelia sat down next to Ron and glanced up at the boy with a shy smile.

" Sorry 'bout that. I'm Amelia Weasley. "

" Harry Potter."

The moment the boy said his name, Amelia's eyes widen in shock as her mouth was parted open in awe.

" You- Oh Merlin! Harry Potter!" Exclaimed Amelia as studied the boy. Her eyes admired his every feature.

" Yeah...that's me," Harry said nonchalantly.

" Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Harry." Amelia smiled at him until she turned toward her brother. "And you! Let me know next time you're not gonna sit with me." Amelia huffed.

" I couldn't find you!"

" Whatever. I'll see you once we get off the train. I have to get back to my compartment. " Amelia got up from her spot and headed out the door, not before turning around to look at Harry Potter one last time.

" Welcome to Hogwarts, Harry Potter."

***

When Amelia returned back to her original compartment, she was confused as to why Mandy was standing on her seat while Dean and Justin were trying to capture a toad.

" I was gone for five minutes." Amelia laughed as she opened the compartment door causing the three heads to turn toward her.

The toad then hopped away and wandered off down the train. Amelia looked up at the three of them with an amused face.