11. The Forbidden Forest

°°°

"How on earth did you get detention?"

Amelia sat in the courtyard of Hogwarts. The early time of spring had arrived as the weather began to clear up. She sat with Justin, Mandy, and Marceline. All who had their books out since first-year exams were just 5 weeks away.

As they took a small break, Amelia decided to tell them about the situation that Draco dragged her in that resulted in her receiving detention.

" We really wanted to see a Dragon." Amelia shrugged. She was still disappointed that she has never gotten a glimpse of the creature.

" That's not a sustainable reason." Marceline piped up. Although she couldn't help but giggle slightly at Amelia's logic. " Maybe that's why you weren't sorted in Ravenclaw."

The three of them laughed at Marceline's comment. Amelia had to bite back a smile. She sensed some truth in Marceline's words. But she would never admit it.

" Very funny. " Amelia said. " I was just caught up with the idea of seeing an actual dragon that I didn't think of McGonagall." Amelia sighed. She was dreading having to spend detention with Draco.

" She is very strict too," Mandy mumbled.

" Ugh, I should have cast an invisible charm or something. " Amelia mumbled. She just then realized the missed opportunity to practice some magic on Draco.

" That's advanced magic, Ames," Justin commented from beside her.

" Sure, but it wouldn't have hurt to at least try," Amelia said. She had read up on the spell over winter break.

" True. Still can't believe you willingly hang out with Malfoy. " Said, Justin. The Hufflepuff boy hated Draco Malfoy. He hated the fact that his blood status was enough for pure-bloods, who majority so happen to be in Slytherin, to bully or pick on him because he was 'filthy.'

" Well I have all my classes with him and I see him every day in the common room and Great Hall. I'm bound to at least be acquainted with him." Amelia shrugged. She knew that Draco wasn't the best person, especially toward muggle-borns. But, Amelia had no choice but to at least try to be friendly and maybe even try to expand his information on muggle-born.

" Still stupid." Mandy pointed out.

" Uh, Aries said the same thing."

Later that day Amelia and Draco left the dungeons and made their way toward the entrance hall where Flinch stood. The two stood in awkward silence as they waited for the others. After a minute Harry, Hermione, and Ron finally arrived.