1. Hogwarts letter

°°°

°°°

The most anticipated moment in a young Wizards, and witch, life is when they receive their Hogwarts letter and Amelia Weasley was no different.

The eldest Weasley girl was seated on the family's couch as she read the Tales of Beedle the Bard when her Hogwarts letter finally arrived. She teared up the envelope eagerly once it reached her hands and pulled out the letter she had been waiting for since she was five.

Dear Amelia Weasley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and Wizardry. Students shall be required to report to the chamber of reception upon arrival, the dates for which shall be duly advised.

Please ensure that utmost attention is made to the list of requirements attached herewith.

We very much look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts heritage.

Amelia finished reading the letter and let out a small screech as she ran toward her mother who was in the kitchen whipping up tonight's dinner.

" Mum! Our Hogwart's letter arrived!" Exclaimed Amelia as she held up the letter to show her mother. Her mother, Molly Weasley, had been cutting up carrots as she used magic to start the other portion of the food as a spoon was swirling in the pot behind her.

" Oh, sweetheart! can't believe the day has come." Molly Weasley said as she smiled warmly at her daughter. She instantly waved her wand and the knife she was using started to cut up the carrots behind her as she walked over to her daughter to pull her in a hug. "I can not believe you and Ron are eleven! Oh, Ginny is going to receive her letter real soon too." Molly rambled on as she couldn't believe how fast her kids were growing up.

" That is how life works." Amelia shrugged and looked down at the letter with a whimsical smile. Soon she heard footsteps running down the stairs. Amelia didn't have to look up to know her twin brother was rushing down to show off his Hogwart's letter to his mom and sister.

" MUM! MUM! IT'S HERE!" Ron yelled as he ran down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he moved to where his mother and sister stood as he shoved the letter in his mother's hand.

" I got my Hogwarts letter!" Ron said with a big smile plastered on his face. He looked over at his sister and noticed the letter in her hands.

" We're finally going to Hogwarts!" Ron exclaimed.

The twins had heard many wondrous stories of the Hogwarts castle. Mostly from their brothers Fred and George and the elaborate pranks that they pulled on students and occasionally professors.

" Yes. yes. now, let me see that list of books." said Molly as she reached over Ron's envelope and took out the list of books and equipment the two of them needed for the term.

The Weasleys might not be the richest wizarding family but they do what they can to get by. Of course, it had been a challenge to put the first couple of kids ( Bill, Charlie, and Percy) into school but they soon came up with a system among them. Everything Bill had used, Robes/books/ quills/ect, the others would use once it came to be their turn. The plan worked for a while until Fred and George who needed two of everything. Then Amelia was born and none of the boy's clothes would fit her. Molly had to go out of her way and alter some of the boy's clothes to make them fit Amelia which came in handy when they had Ginny who then started to borrow Amelia's old clothes.

" Your brother's old books seem to still do the trick here," said Molly noticing the familiar titles, "Well Amelia dear, we need to get you new robes, Ron go see if Georges's old robes fit you," Molly instructed.

Amelia smiled at her mother but looked over at her brother who wore a glum expression as he walked toward the closest.

" Oh, Ron! See if Charlie's old wand is there, Will you? You can use his and Amelia we can go to Diagon Alley and get you yours." Said Molly.

Ron once again huffed in annoyance since he wasn't getting a wand but still obeyed his mother's orders. Amelia walked over to Ron and watched him pull out George's old robes from the closet.

" They look big." Amelia pointed out as she watched Ron try them on. The selves hung a bit over his hands as the robe itself touched the floor.

" You think?" Said Ron sarcastically as he rolled up the selves of the black robe.

" Amelia, Dear? Let's go to Diagon Alley now. No need to worry about getting your wand Later." Said Molly as she neared the fireplace. Amelia left her envy-looking brother and made her way toward her mother. Amelia rushed toward the kitchen and got a pinch of Floo powder from the flowerpot. She threw the powder into the flames causing it to turn emerald green. Both Molly and Amelia stepped into the fire then both said clearly: " Diagon Alley"

The two witches got sucked up into the chimney as they began to spin, the flames carrying them until they finally landed at the Leaky Cauldron.

" Come on dear." Molly grabbed Amelia's hand and guided the girl out of the place and into the busy streets of Diagon Alley. Many other first years were found with their parents buying all the supplies needed for Hogwarts.

" Go on to Ollivanders, I'll go fetch your robes," Molly told her. Amelia simply nodded and started to make her way toward the wand shop. She remembered having to wait outside when she occupied her brother Fred and George when they got their wands. She always wanted a wand and now couldn't comprehend that she was mere seconds away from having her wand.

Once she walked into the narrow shabby wand shop she was immediately met with the smell of wood.

"Good afternoon." the soft voice of Mr.Ollivander said as he emerged from behind one of his shelves.

" Hi," said Amelia weakly as a wave of nervousness overcame her.

" Must I say, another Weasley?" Mr. Ollivander asked. Amelia nodded her head, not trusting her voice, as she neared the counter.

" Yes, yes. I expected to see you and your brother here. Your other sister will be getting her wand next year I assume." Mr.Ollivander asked as he eyed the girl.

" Yeah, Ginny turns eleven next year," Amelia told.

" Excellent. Now, hold out your wand arm." Mr.Ollivander then pulled out a measuring tape and started to measure the length of Amelia's shoulder to her fingers, then wrist to elbow, shoulder to armpit, shoulder to floor then finally around her head. The measuring tape started to measure her neck and arm on its own while Mr.Ollivander raced around his shelves taking down boxes.

"maple and unicorn hair. seven inches. Try it." Mr.Ollivander handed the girl the wand, only to take it back sensing it wasn't the right one.

" Ebony, gragon heartsting. nine inches." Amelia tried out the wand only for it to not feel like the right one.

" Hmm...Curious." Mr.Ollivander mumbled as he went back behind his shelves and pulled out two more boxes.

" Unusual combination," Mr.Ollivander started as he took out the wand, " Vinewood, dragon heartstring, nine inches, very flexible. " Mr.Ollivander explained as he handed the wand toward the girl.

Amelia took the wand and instantly felt a sudden warmth in her fingers. She swished the wand and a spark of green shot out from the end.

" Suits you well Mrs. Weasley." Mr.Ollivander told her as he still looked curiously at the girl. Amelia dismissed Mr.Ollivanders earlier comment not minding it since Mr.Ollivander always says some of the most bizarre things.

Amelia paid Mr.Ollivander with the Galleons that her mother gave her and went on her way with her new wand in her hand. The girl spotted her mother walking toward her with new robes in her hand.

" Let's go! I forgot to finish dinner!"