19. On The Way

A knock sounded at her door, selfishly interrupting her attempt to forget the pervious days events. "Im not available", she yelled pulling her pillow over her ears trying to keep her sleepy state.
"It's Connall".
Groaning, she pulled herself out of her bed into the chair beside it. "Come in".

"We're having a meeting now, and your presence has been requested", he spoke, his shadows almost beckoning her with their fast-moving motions. "Is no an option?", she asked leaning back further in her chair. A hint of a smile crossed his face, "I'm afraid not Princess".

She groaned, "alright, if I must".
Bellona followed the male down to the meeting room, patting down her feral hair as much as she could. "Thank you for you know... carrying me to my rooms the other day."

"Princess?"

"Yes?"

"If you ever need assistance getting to your rooms again, just let me know", he smiled, mischief glinting in his eyes.

"Who knows? Maybe I will take that offer up with you sometime", she teased back as he dipped his head in goodbye.

Bellona walked into the meeting, her expression neutral. The presence of the High Lady reminding her of what she had found out in the library. Moving her glance to rest on the High Lord she spoke, "what seems to be the problem? A stunner such as me needs her beauty sleep".

A moment of silence stretched between the four people, and in an instant Bellona could sense the uneasiness coming from Rhysand. "Read these", with that he gave her a bundle of papers, confused she looked down at them.  "We are asking you, Bellona to accompany Nyx on a mission of sorts. My High Lady believes that a change in environment, a potentially hazardous environment will enable you the opportunity to utilise your gifts".

Bellona skimmed through the pages of notes, only stopping when she came across the objectives of the trip. She couldn't believe that they were asking her to do. "So let me get this straight. You" she pointed to the group before her, "of an enemy court, want me to go on a little adventure to the MIDDLE of all places, with your heir. To find a cave you don't even know exists?" She laughed bitterly, "what makes you think I won't kill him?"

"As if you could", Nyx smiled smugly. She longed to throw something at him. A chair, maybe even the decorative dagger placed on the mantle piece.
"Does my father know about this?"

Rhysand shrugged, "obviously you would understand that this information is rather sensitive and as of right now no other courts have been notified or will be notified." Bellona chuckled quietly, "yet you would let the High Lord's daughter of another court be the one to find out this rather sensitive information?"

"We'll he's not known to let females close to him choose what they want to do so what would be the point in asking?" Nyx spoke nonchalant as he flicked through the pages she has just chucked back onto the table before her . Bellona glared at the pompous bat as she considered her choices.
Option one, go on this mission with Nyx, gather more information about the 'impending doom' Elain mentioned, then return home and help her court brace for whatever's coming. Option two, throw herself off the balcony, which to be honest has some traction right about now.

Begrudgingly she asked,  "When do we leave?'
With a devilish smile, Nyx replied, "Now".

—————————

"These Appalachian geldings are offspring of Helion's Pegasus. His stallion got in with my Aunt Emerie's mares when he was visiting once and these studs are a result of that". He patted the neck of his horse gently as he chuckled, "she's asked us to return these two to him on our way as her repayment of her debt. From there we winnow to the middle, the shorter distance will make sure we don't use too much of our energy".

"Please remind me again why we just can't fly to this place?"

Nyx glanced back at her, "number one - you have no wings. Number two - as much as I would love to", he winked at her, "I don't think my arms would allow me to carry you the whole way".

Bellona scoffed her patience already running thin, "for your information you insufferable bat if you had bothered to ask me you would know that I have shapeshifter blood and I've been flying since I was a kid."

"Flying would be too noticeable",  he countered.

"A simple invisibility shield should fix that. Or is that below the great Prince of the Night Court", she crossed her arms impatiently. Relenting under her stare he countered, "let us get these two safely to the Day Court and then we can argue later how does that sound Princess?"

"That sounds great actually", she smiled sarcastically as she gathered the reins in her hand. "Let's get this over with shall we?"

—————————-
Hi everyone,

First off I wanted to say how sorry I am it's taken for an update, time has just flown past. A lot has happened in the past year and only now have I seemed to get everything back on track. I'll be posting regularly again, aiming for at least once a week. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around this long xx

——
Let me know any scenes or ideas you would like to see in the coming chapters!