4. Old Friend

"You really shouldn't have done that".

Bellona paused, her hand hovering over the handle to her room. Seana. Heir to the Summer Court and
her best friend. Well, used to be her best friend. Turning around, she took in the familiar face in front of her. Umber skin contrasted by wavy silver hair and bright blue oval eyes, the colour of the sea in which she was named.

Against her better judgement, Bellona stayed facing her. "Do what, may I ask?"

Ignoring the question, Seana drew in a long breathe and spoke "Bakarus's passing hasn't been easy on any of us, let alone Nyx. You know how close they were. They were as close to brothers as you could get without sharing blood," Bellona huffed in response. Remembering the times he used to drop her brother off back at the Spring Court after a night of partying. Nyx carrying him bridal style and all, both pissed to the brink of passing out.

"It's just that we're all worried about you Bella, you've spent the last six bloody years hiding from your problems in the Spring Court. Not one letter, not one recognition of you being alright. The only way we knew that you weren't dead, was that your father didn't announce it."

Stepping forward, she continued. "There is something more out there for you. You deserve happiness, real happiness Bell and to feel like the world isn't against you. I know it's hard to hear this, especially when you are so broken. But I want you to know, because one day. Maybe in a hundred years from now, you'll feel okay again. One day you are going to let yourself feel love again. It's just a matter of time".

Bellona let stray strands fall in front of her face as she looked down, her anger nothing but a whisper left. "Do you really think so?" Her voice was soft, her eyes lining with silver.

"Yes, yes I do".

Realising she was on the brink of breaking down, Bellona straightened and dismissed Seana as she turned back to her door.

'That's where you're wrong".

I'm just gonna leave this here, like it isn't a shit show 🤦🏽‍♀️😂Even though it's short, you guys get a little bit of background info on their past

Even though it's short, you guys get a little bit of background info on their past. Also, here's Seana, she's one of Bellona's oldest friends. So yeh, THERE YOU GO.