Chapter Twenty Six

Nova Johnson

SONG: Wrecking Ball by Midnite String Quartet

Cinderella was drawn to the ballroom by the presence of a heart with such a powerful soul-connection.

As we stepped inside, my hand rested on Alexander's arm; he could see how anxious I was by the way I gripped his forearm.

The ballroom was full of beautiful women wearing gowns that anyone in the world would die for. "That's my father," Alexander observed his surroundings.

I look up to where his eye spun and saw a copy and paste of Alexander in the centre of the ballroom, he whispers.

His father had women all over him, and you could tell he relished the attention. Alexander was the complete polar opposite of him.

From being shut down, mute, and isolated. His father was the complete antithesis; he craved women and attention. Alexander requested two glasses of champagne from the server and passed one to me.

Then his father's gaze fell on mine, and he began to push people away. I clench my fist, "Stop, and don't show your fear. He detects it." Alexander cautions me.

"Ivanov! How are you doing, my friend?" His father shakes Alexander's hand, unaware that he is shaking the hand of his son, whom he believes is dead. Alexander was astute enough to simply nod his head before slamming me up against him. "Don't be concerned; I would never steal your wife. Unless I choose to. Mrs. Ivanov, it's a pleasure."

"The same for you, Mr Solonik." As he kisses the back of my hand, I smile.

"You look great, and I hope you have a good time tonight." "Find me if you need a quick fuck," he says into my ears as he approaches me. As he passes right past me to meet others, my eyes widen. Alexander's eyes darkened as I looked up at him.

"This plan is stupid." Alexander whispers.

"No, it isn't. Let's just get this over with."

"We have to dance; Ivanov always dances with his wife at every ball." I nod my head, slipping my hands into his as he leads us up to the dance floor.

He gently presses his right hand onto my lower back as I rest my right onto his shoulder whilst holding my left, the orchestra continues to play, and I breathe in. Knowing damn well I could not dance. "Step onto my feet." Alexander whispers.

"What?"

"You're dress covers your feet, step on my shoes." Is he being serious? I press my feet onto his, he hold me tighter as he begins slowly moving.

"Am I not hurting you?" Alexander looks me in the eyes, my chest raises at how close we were. People we slowly surrounding us, however, with Alexander in my hands-it felt as if no one existed. It felt as if it was just me and him.

A tear falls from my eyes, "Nova..." Alexander warns me.

"You're breaking my heart, Alexander." Our noses were brushing against one another, he presses his forehead onto mine.

"I know Nova, but this is for you-I'm doing this because I love you."

"By hurting me?" Alexander shakes his head.

"By protecting you."

I glance down at his lips, Ivanov was known for the sexual chemistry.

I press my lips against his, my hands slipping around the back of his head.

My fingers slowly digging into his hair, my stomach bursts with butterflies and my heart explodes into flowers. Alexander does not push my away, instead he deepens the kiss.