Chapter Twenty Five

Nova Johnson

I regret it.

I regret this stupid deal with all my heart.

I knew I would the moment I said, the only reason I said it was because of the fear that I would fall to hard for Alexander, I have never been in love before. Never. I'm going to tell Alexander that I do, I do love him the same as he loves me. 

I procrastinate and walk up and down the corridor, fiddling with my fingers as I confirm the words with my mind. I have a habit of talking out of my arse when I'm nervous. The first time I am ever confessing my feelings to a boy.

I stand in front of his hotel door; my fists make contact with it, and I wait for him to open it. He does not answer; maybe he's busy? 

Maybe he's doing something, the moment the door opens. I look up and see a girl wearing an oversized t-shirt. 

My heart dropped. She was the total opposite of me, blue eyes, blonde hair. I back away immediately as she holds the door and looks behind me.

"Can I help you?" She smiles.

"Urm-I-I-no, sorry." She raises a brow; I turn around and see Alexander on the opposite end of the hallway. Fuck. Wrong door. He was leaning against the doorframe. I turn slowly to face the blonde girl, "wrong door, sorry." I chuckle, stumbling away on my steps as I walk down the hallway.

"You really thought I'd be with another woman?"

"No-Pfft-why would you?" He glances at me. "Yes, yes I did." I admitted.

I rub onto my forearm, rolling my eyes as I look away. Unable to take the heat of his eye contact, Alexander reaches out and pushes a strand of my hand behind my ears before turning my face to look at him.

As I look away, I touch my forearm and shift my eyes. Alexander reaches out and slips a strand of my hand behind my ears before tilting my face to stare at him, unable to bear the heat of his eye contact.

Here it goes;

"Alexander, I've fallen for you. I know I have been rude about disregarding your feelings, but I love you, I love you and it feels so weird to say the word I love you because I have never said it to anyone except my parents and I don't think I will love anyone more than I-"

"Nova." Alexander interrupts me.

"Yes." I whisper.

"I think you should go back to your room." I halt on my thoughts; Alexander pulls his hands away and begins to stand straight. He looks away from my face and thank god he did, tears were about to fall from this embarrassment.

"What?"

"This won't work out between us. We are two different people with different lives ahead of us, after tonight we will never be in contact again, I have booked you a ticket to Seattle. I will have a driver waiting for you outside the ball. But this is the end, so don't feel anything because its worthless."

It was as if my heart was a piece of paper being torn into shred with every sentence he's said, I mould my lips and nod my head with a small smile.

"Right, two different people, you're right-I think it was the wine I had-I-Urm-well I need to get ready for tonight then. Gotta fake the love between us and the-Good luck-this was a mistake." 

My heart is burning before me, Alexander shuts the door on my face, and I walk back to my room. The moment I slide my key card and enter, I break down. Stupid! Stupid!

I braved the harshest winters to bring you my own blankets, only to discover that when you no longer required my assistance, you were willing to torch my entire home.