Chapter Twelve

Alexander Solonik

I push my hallway door open and pause on my steps towards my door, Nova was sleeping against her door with her jacket over her shoulders and legs. I look out the window of the hallway and see it is snowing, she told me she had a hotel. I look between her and my door, I push my key inside and push my door open before throwing my gym bag inside.

I walk back out and crouch down, I lift her up with one arm and grab the rest of her things in the other. She did not wake up at all, guess it was because of how tired she is.

I am not used to living with someone else, I grew up with a four-wall bedroom alone.

I am not used to company, let alone a girl.

When I saw her half naked in my kitchen-my dick hardened. I had to leave before she could see it, but fuck she looked good in my clothes.

I rest her on my bed, I pull her shoes off and toss them to the side. She has been wearing the same clothes for four days straight, I pull my draw open and take out an oversized t-shirt. How am I supposed to get her to change without waking her up?

I put the clothes on the edge of the bed and nudge her, she does not wake. Only her snores were responding.

I rub the back of my head, "Nova." I nudge her again; I crouch down and push her shoulders. All I got was a push from her hands that slapped itself against my face, she turns to the other side.

I shake my head and pull her shirt over her head. I look away grabbing my oversized shirt and putting it over her hair before pulling it down. I take her hands in mid and put them through the holes, once the shirt was on right-I pull down her trousers and set her dirty clothes to the side.

Nova groans and spread out onto the bed like a starfish, I bring the covers and cover her with it before taking her clothes and leaving the bedroom.

I throw her clothes into the washing machine and lean against my counter; my hands rub down my face. What on earth-I scare the neighbours away-not invite them to sleepover in my bedroom.

But Nova...god damn Nova.

I remember her, I remember her well.

I hear faffing about from the bedroom, I raise a brow and slowly walk inside to see Nova leaning against the headboard of the bed. Her knees close to her chest as she rocks back and forth, her teeth chewing her nail. I slowly walk in, but her eyes widen, "don't...don't come near me."

"Okay, I'm standing right here." I whisper, holding my hands out.

"I tried..." She mumbles.

"What did you try Nova?" Her brown does eyes lock with mine, her lips quiver. She is not awake, she is dreaming. She is in shock.

"I tried to help the little boy," everything in me stilled.

"I'm going to come closer-" I warn her.

"No! No! Stay away-" I step back and raise my hands as a surrender. "I killed him, he-he's dead because of me. All he did was give me my ball back," she broke down.

My jaw tenses as I make my way towards her, she shakes her head and tries to fight me to stay away from her. I get into the bed and push her head against my chest. She heard my heartbeat and slowly settled down.

You did not kill anyone Nova.

I am still alive.

I am right here.

She sobbed into my chest for a good ten minutes before falling back to sleep, I look down at her and brush her cheeks with my thumb. Then I look at my hands...