Chapter Nineteen

AUTHOR: Alexander is ten percent deaf in one ear and fully deaf in the other! Meaning he can hear but pretends that he can't around Nova. I want to clear up any confusion.

Nova Johnson

Mature 🔞

Thursday

The news has warned us to stay in since the snow has caused accidents and blockage on the roads, I flick through the maths pages whilst sticking the pen into my mouth. Alexander was showering, I stare at the question in confusion and stand up with the book in my grasp as I walk towards the bathroom.

I push the door open and see Alexanders shadow behind the curtain. I notice his hearing aids settled on the counter of the sink.

"Alexander!" I push the curtain open; he wipes his eyes and looks down at me.

"I'm literally fucking naked Nova."

"I like this view." I smile at him before shoving the book into his face, he grabs the curtains of the shower and pulls it closed. I close the toilet seat before sitting down on it as I wait for him to finish, a couple of minutes later Alexander finally steps out. My eyes land onto the-whoa-fuck-he was absolutely huge.

He grabs the towel and dries himself before wrapping it around his waist, I wait for him to slip on his hearing aids. Once he does, I begin; "I need help!"

"Hence why there's something called the internet Nova." He brushes his teeth, looking at me through the reflection of the mirror.

"No, I want you to teach me. I learn better, and my exam is in one week!" Alexander spits out and rinses, he exits the bathroom and I follow after him into his bedroom. "Please..." I whisper.

He pulls of the towel, revealing his ass. I chew on the back of my pen as I stare at it, wow, his ass is-then he turns around and my eyes shoot up to his face. He slides on his Calvin Klein boxers on and walks to the bed, I slide on the other side as he picks up his book.

"Alexander..." He sighs and glances at me, he takes the book from my hand and reads the question.

"Okay, look here," I look down at what his finger rested on. "There is a function, called the Riemann zeta function, written in the image above." He points.

"Okay, I get it..."

"For each s, this function gives an infinite sum, which takes some basic calculus to approach for even the simplest values of s. For example, if s=2, then 𝜁(s) is the 1 + 1/4 + 1/9 + 1/16 +. Get it?" I glance down at the question once more and put the explanation he has given me into mind.

"So then-it adds up to exactly 𝜋²/6."

"Correct, When s is a complex number—one that looks like a+b𝑖, using the imaginary number 𝑖—finding 𝜁(s) gets tricky. So tricky, in fact, that it's become the ultimate math question."

I gasp, finally understanding the question as I snatch the book out of his hand and write everything down before I forget it. I can now finally shut the book and set it to the side, "you know how attractive you are when you explain maths to me."

Alexander raises a brow; my hands slide down his chest before diving under the covers. "Nova." He warns me, my hands slide over his underwear. "Nova what are you-" My lips were on his before he could finish speaking. I kissed him passionately, and his hand dropped. He didn't touch me at first.

His fingertips touched the back of my neck as his hand travelled up my spine. They moved up until they became entangled in the hair at the nape of my neck, at which point he grasped a handful of it in his hand, tugging on it and breaking the kiss. He raised his hot lips to meet mine, his eyes on fire, both of us breathing raggedly. He looked at my face and eyes, undoubtedly recognising how desperate I was for him.