Nidhi collected the utensils and leftovers from the table, and Arjun stood up from his seat. After taking a brief glimpse of his wife, he said, "Where is Tejal by the way? I haven't seen her lately."

"She doesn't move out of her room most of the time. Father-in-law has strictly forbidden her."

"Since Pratrush's passing away, dad has become very rude. Instead of holding himself responsible for the death of my brother, he is mistreating Tejal." Arjun lowered his head. "I am sorry, Nidhi, I couldn't keep my promise. I had assured you that Tejal wouldn't suffer in our house and I would take care of it. Her protection was the only reason why you moved here but I miserably failed."

"It is not your fault. You did everything that was possible on your end to keep her safe. You had a hard time managing your duty as well as family commitments. I only wanted to lend you my support." Nidhi touched his elbow slowly and threw him a hug. "But I don't want our daughter to suffer. Father-in-law has called for Aarohi to Omkareshwar after her graduation and I am afraid he won't allow her to pursue her dreams."

"I think he will. I have entrusted my faith upon Rehaan. Didn't you see how easily he managed my dad to agree to his stay in our house?"

"I know but I wonder how swiftly Rihu did it without much problems!"

"He has his father's genes in him. Why won't he be?'

"Oh yes! Speaking of Vihaan, when are they both returning home? Do you have any information?"

"They will step into the streets of Omkareshwar tomorrow." Arjun smiled satisfactorily. "I am waiting for this day with bated breaths. The twins will be showered with the best surprise of their lives!"

*****

Aarohi rushed to her room in a hurry, wiping the tears dripping from her eyes. Dancing was the only passion in her life but she was forbidden to embrace it. Rehaan's offer of opening a dance academy in the city where she was supposed to spend the rest of her life was giving rise to butterflies in her stomach.

"Aaru. . ." She heard someone's voice and turned around, only to find Rehaan standing at the doorway to her room. "May I come in?"

She nodded and ushered him to the couch next to the cupboard in her room. "Do you want to talk about something?"

He did not take to the couch. Instead, he trailed on his feet to reach near her and bent forward, scanning through her face attentively. "Were you crying?"

"Reh. . ." She could feel hot tears pricking her eyes again. "I want to build a career in dancing but I think I won't be able to. Nobody will listen to me, specially my grandfather."

"Why can't you leave your grandfather's denial to me? I will handle his stubbornness."

"If you do, he will throw you out of the house."

"Do you think I have come here to get banished by that old man?"

"You told me nothing about the reason for your presence here."

"I am here to give wings to your dreams, Aaru." As Rehaan said, their eyes locked on like magnets. "The day when I first saw your performance after returning to Indore, I had already decided upon it. Aunt Nidhi always wanted to open a dance academy but she couldn't."

"I am glad that you thought of such a thing but why do you want to help us out, taking all the risks of handling my grandfather?"

"Don't you want me to help you out?"

"I do, Rehaan. I only wanted to know the reason, that's it."

"Maybe because I want to repay all the injustice I have ever done to you as a child." Rehaan wandered back to all the past memories that came flashing in his mind. "Or may be because I care."