Healing

Sam and Bucky both silently went to their rooms after giving Steve a small update on how you were doing. Steve headed to Tony's lab, where he knew Tony would be still in his suit. He had questions he wanted answers to.
"Tony" Steve walked in looking around. Tony already had someone come in and clean up the mess that they had made over the last few weeks, and there fresh yellow daisies in a pot on your desk that reminded Steve of how they always called you sunshine. Tony was in the middle of processing data that they had gotten from the base; it was clear he wasn't liking what he was seeing. Tony looked over with a frown etched in his face, he was still clearly in the same clothes as when they left for the mission the night before, and he was eating some blueberries. He silently offered some to Steve who shook his head. "We need to talk" Steve went and took one of the chairs and watched as Tony continued his data mining.
"Is she out of surgery yet?" Tony asked expectantly, and spared Steve a glance before popping another blueberry in his mouth. Steve nodded, and looked around the room. He saw there were still two of the Iron Legion standing and waiting for orders in the corner of the room. "Good" Tony nodded to himself. "Did you see her?" he asked, staring at the computer screen.
"No, Bucky and Sam did before Doctor Cho put her back under again" Steve spoke softly, as though afraid he was going to be heard.
"The Hydra doctor documented everything from day one, he didn't step in until she was too weak to even stand anymore, and it was only because he got the go ahead to make her an experiment" Tony glared at the computer screen as he continued reading. "They thought they could break her"
"But they couldn't" Steve gave a small smile, already knowing that answer.
"They tried pretty hard. I doubt we have our sunshine back the way we had her" Tony shook his head. "It's a good thing we weren't a day longer" he frowned again.
"We need to know what the experiment's did to her" Steve didn't feel like beating around the bush.
"That's what Bruce and I are going to find out. You should go get changed, maybe wash up a little. You smell like sweat" Tony took another bite of a blueberry, seeming to brush Steve off. Steve knew that Tony wasn't coping well with what happened and felt responsible. It was obvious in his frantic look when they first arrived back, and how hard he had pushed the team while they were out on several missions. He had barely left the lab in weeks. Even now that they had you back, here he was again, still working on data when he should be doing the same thing.
"So do you, you haven't changed in a few days. You should go upstairs to Pepper" Steve stood up and put his hand on Tony's shoulder reassuringly.
"I'll be right up," Tony lied. He was waiting for you to be put in the medical bay room that they had set up for you already. He wanted to see you for himself, with his own eyes. Steve turned to leave when he saw Bruce come in and head straight to his part of the lab where there were blood samples already waiting for him. Steve watched as he put on his headphones, and he could hear classical music coming from them, just barely. He looked like he was on a mission.

Doctor Cho moved you to the small room that Tony and Bruce had set up for you, just outside the lab. It turned out they chose the panic room of all places to have you situated, and it was already outfitted with all the monitors that she would need to place on you for while you were still on the IV, and under constant observation. The room was filled with flowers of every kind already, mainly from the team. Bucky seemed to have already ran out to get you, your roses and had them in your room as well. She made sure your IV was still unhindered while she put the two bags of fluids up. One for the infection that was connected to something to keep you hydrated, and the blood bag. She didn't like that you had lost so much blood.
She took a step back after the nurses helped make sure that you were tucked in, and admired her work. You had lost weight while you were gone, but there wasn't a scratch left. She knew that the bones were all healed as well, but that wouldn't help with the pain you were likely going to be in once you woke up again. Not for a few days at least. Tony came into the room and looked at you with a sigh. Doctor Cho was glad she had the nurses give you a sponge bath to get rid of the blood, and did a dry shampoo on your hair for until you could get up on your own to take a shower.
"Is she awake?" Tony asked expectantly.
"No, I gave her enough, she should be out for a few more hours" Doctor Cho shook her head.
"How did she do?" he asked quickly.
"She's healed, she's going to be in a lot of pain since we had quite a few bones to reset before the regeneration machine healed them. It's going to be a few days at least" she gave a soft sigh. "Do we have family we can reach out to?"
"We are her family" Tony gave a pained expression, already knowing you were alone until you came to the compound. "Did you get my email about the unlimited overtime for both you and the nurses until she's well again?"
"We did, we will be taking advantage. I have to go work on my reports. We will clock our hours with Friday the way that you prefer" she nodded in response. "How is Bruce doing?" she asked in a hushed tone.
"He's not resting, if that's what you're asking. He's already working on the blood samples" Tony didn't bother lowering his voice. "He has his headphones on, and is pretty focused"
"He should rest after the mission" she rolled her eyes. "He seems to have tunnel vision"
"She's an important family member" Tony shrugged. "We need to get ahead and find out what they've done to her. This is Bruce's territory" he admitted softly. "I'm just going over the data. She gave them a run for their money, quite literally"
"I can't imagine being tortured the way she was, there was so much" Doctor Cho shook her head. "There are a few massive infections, we are lucky we got to her when we did. They weren't treating it properly"
"I wouldn't expect any different from Hydra" Tony shook his head in disgust.
"Are you staying with her?" she asked, looking at the four chairs that had been brought into the room.
"For a bit" Tony took out his phone, and looked at it before taking a seat beside you. He hesitated before reaching out and holding your hand for a moment. He lasted all of ten seconds before he pulled away and started working on his phone. Doctor Cho knew he wasn't one to show a lot of emotions, and for him that was pretty big. She knew somehow you must be important to him. She backed out of the room and headed back to the hospital wing of the compound to work on her reports and to start looking at the blood samples herself.

Tony wasn't alone long, before Nat came in and sat beside him. She reached out and grabbed your hand and held it tightly, like she was afraid almost of letting go. Sam and Bucky came in a few minutes later and took the chairs on the opposite side of you.
"She's going to be okay" Tony finally broke the silence.
"We all had a feeling they were going to make their move, and we still failed her" Nat spoke matter of factly.
"We took every precaution. I've been trying to figure out how they got past my alarm system" Tony shook his head. "They just walked in the front door" he mumbled to himself.
"Did someone disable it?" Sam asked curiously.
"Not from Friday's records" Tony shook his head. "It was disabled when they walked in the front door. I've updated my alarms, and the security we have on the compound. The Iron Legion is in charge of watching this room until she's back on her feet"
"She's lost weight" Sam frowned.
"They didn't exactly have her at the Ritz," Tony quipped and felt bad for it immediately. Sam had a pained expression on his face, and he reached out to hold the hand that had the IV, and rubbed your hand gently.
"What can we do now?" Nat just wanted to know how to move forward.
"Bruce and I are working on what we can for now. We don't know the extent of what they did to her yet" Tony frowned.
"Bruce won't rest until he's got answers," she gave a small smile.
"Do you think she's cold?" Bucky asked out of the blue. "I'm going to go get her one of my blankets," he stood up and left the room abruptly. His face was full of concern, and almost looked pained to see you the way you were.
"He's not handling this well still" Sam spoke gently. "They barely started dating finally and he almost lost her to the same people that stole him from his family"
"He's strong, she is too. They will start right up where they left off" Nat gave a gentle smile. They sat in silence when Bucky came in with his cashmere blanket of navy blue, and he placed it on top of you. Nat and Sam tucked you in a little better, and put your hands on top of the blanket so they could still hold them. Bucky resumed his seat, taking out the book the two of you had been reading together and he put it on the bedside table.
"Alright, it's supper time," Tony broke the silence and stood up, looking at the three of them expectantly.
"I'm not hungry" Bucky shook his head, watching you sleep.
"She's got two Iron Legion standing outside of the room, and we are less than a hundred feet away. Come on Manchurian Candidate" Tony tried not to make it sound like an order, even though it was. Bucky growled and stood up, with Sam and Nat following his lead. They followed Tony out of the room, and he stopped to interrupt Bruce who tried to wave him off but Tony wasn't taking no for an answer. Bruce huffed a bit, but followed them out to the dining room where everyone was already seated and waiting.
"Is she awake yet?" Steve asked the one question everyone was dying to know.
"No, she's still asleep" Bucky shook his head and sat down beside his best friend.
"How long is she going to sleep for?" Peter asked worriedly, and everyone looked to Tony for answers.
"We don't know yet. Doctor Cho put her out for a few hours at least. She needs rest and to heal" Tony spoke soberly. He didn't like it any more than they did. He had questions he wanted answered, that the data wasn't giving him. But he just wanted reassurance that you were okay. He blamed himself for what happened, and he didn't know how to deal with that.