Saturday adventure

When you got in the car, you turned up your music as loud as you possibly could before putting the car into drive and taking off. There simply wasn't enough hours in the day for everything you wanted to do. You went to the zoo first because that was tradition. You made sure to walk around the entire zoo twice, just enjoying seeing all of the animals and the sunshine. You bought an ice cream sandwich while you visited with the lions and took a few pictures on your walkthrough, putting it on your secret Instagram account. Once you left the zoo you went to a little café that you liked that was near where they had the farmers market, and took out your laptop while taking a quick look at the data, and having a chocolate croissant and a large iced coffee. You didn't bother using your VPN, since the only one that would really be tracking you would be Tony, and you didn't mind if he knew you liked this café. You checked your email and saw an unknown sender and clicked on it but the email was empty. You shrugged, not thinking much of it, and went back to your croissant while looking at the mission files that you needed to sort come on Monday. You closed up your laptop, and put it back in your purse as you finished your coffee and last bit of your croissant. You stood up and went to the botanical garden and took lots of photos of all the flowers and put those on your secret Instagram account again. You had to giggle, it was more just for you to have so you had memories to look back on. Most of your pictures were of Aurora, and from your Saturday adventures once a month. You always seemed to take the time to take lots of pictures of the roses, you found them beautiful. Your next stop was the museum, and you went diligently to each exhibit, taking pictures and posting them as you went. You sighed happily as you finished, and treated yourself to a nice Greek restaurant and had a glass of wine while you waited on your food. Your day was pretty full of fun, and you silently wondered what it would be like to share it with someone again. Your ex really did hate it, and made you feel like you were boring because you didn't do anything terribly extravagant with your day off. It made you resent having company on your one day where you could just be you, and enjoy the small things in life. You figured Sam wouldn't complain, he might be fun to have with you for a change. You were worried he would judge you, even though he had never done it before. You thought of Bucky and blushed a bit as you ate your dessert, you thought he would definitely be bored. He seemed like the type to like more exciting things. Most of the team gave you that impression. You had gotten to know them a little, but not as much as you would like. You were always working it seemed.
You finished your meal and paid, leaving a handsome tip before getting back in your car for the most exciting part of your day. What no one knew, a secret you had kept to yourself. Three months ago you bought 20 acres of land on a lake, with the sweetest little cabin. You planned on building your real cabin eventually. You had gone to visit it a few times, and cleaned it up. You were slowly saving up to buy some furniture for it. You didn't even tell Sam about it, because it was something you hoped once you had furniture in it you could bring him to see it instead. You were proud of it, and couldn't wait for the day it was ready to be shared. You loved that you had a little dock to go swimming off of. You had made one purchase for the cabin so far, a swing for the front of the wrap-around porch. You didn't even buy a fridge, or stove yet. That was coming eventually. You drove along the winding roads to your plot of land and pulled in your driveway. You took your picture of the swing standing proudly on your porch and went and walked down to the dock, taking off your shoes and putting your feet into the water. You took pictures as the sun was setting behind the forest line, and reflecting off of the water. You uploaded pictures and laid back on the dock sighing to yourself. You were exhausted after your day of playing. You went through all your pictures and smiled proudly to yourself. You sighed heavily and realized it would be another month before you could come back. You got back in your car and drove away.
When you got back to the compound, it looked like all the lights were off. You locked your car and slipped in the front door and quietly as you could, you snuck up the stairs. You didn't see any lights on under any of the doors and slipped into your suite, and closed the door as quietly as you could. Aurora came padding over with a loud mew and you quickly picked her up after dropping your purse on the couch. You didn't chance turning on the light until you got to your bedroom, and once you did, you jumped. Just outside your door on the swing was Sam, and it looked like he had fallen asleep waiting. You went right outside, carrying Aurora and went to shake him on his shoulder. He woke up startled, and looked at his phone then at you.
"You're late" he announced and sat up.
"Just a little" you flushed a bit. "But I had a big day" you gave a smile.
"You didn't text me" he pointed out quickly.
"I thought you went hiking with Bucky and Steve. You didn't text me either. Nobody did" you sassed him.
"We were giving you your space since you only get away once a month," he grumbled. "Steve's idea, Tony wanted to text you before you left the driveway about some of the data he found"
"Did you take any pictures?" you asked expectantly.
"Of course I did, so did Bucky and Steve. We were going to send them to you in the morning" he proudly took out his phone and showed you pictures from their hike. He had a few candid ones of Bucky and Steve trying to get good photos of flowers and foliage. "What do you think?" he looked at you expectantly.
"I love them" you cooed, swiping through the photos again. "Can you send them to me?" you asked hopefully.
"Of course I can" Sam promptly sent them to you.
"Okay, now you should go to bed, we have an early day tomorrow" you smiled softly at him.
"Did you have to use your mace, or any of the self defense skills we taught you?" Sam asked quickly.
"No, I was perfectly safe all day" you giggled. "No one even noticed me wherever I went"
"Where did you go?" he asked, half expectantly.
"My same routine I've done for years" you shrugged. "It's really not that exciting. You would be bored"
"Just let me come next time" Sam looked at you pleadingly. "Just so I know you are safe"
"You'll judge me" you rolled your eyes.
"Sexy legs, I ain't never judged you before and I am not about to start now. What do you think of me?" Sam rolled his eyes and looked at you seriously. "I'm a little hurt you would think that I would judge you"
"I'll show you pictures" you finally gave in. "Just a few, okay?"
"Let me see" he nodded, and you held your phone close while you picked out a few from the zoo and the botanical garden. Sam chuckled slightly and raised his eyebrows at you.
"Your big secret is the zoo, and the garden? Come on now, you've got to be kidding me. It's been eight months since I've been trying to figure you out"
"I also go to the museum, a café, and out for food. A drive in the country..." you trailed off and looked at him. He started chuckling, and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.
"You're adorable, it's a surprise no one has snapped you up. Although I know someone who is trying" Sam gave you a kiss on the cheek.
"Who?" you asked hopefully.
"No, I'm not ruining this one. You'll figure it out on your own" Sam stood up to his full height. "Alright, I feel better now. Next time, I'm coming with you though. I want to experience it myself"
"Not until you tell me who" you looked at him with a smile. You knew who you hoped it would be, but it couldn't possibly be because he was way out of your league. You looked towards Bucky's area of the balcony and thought you saw movement in his windows but figured you were seeing things and followed Sam into your room.
"Good night" Sam called to you, and went out towards his bedroom. You went to wash up and get ready for bed.  

You woke up in the morning to Tony's alarm again and fell out of bed unceremoniously.
"Fuck" you growled loudly picking yourself up off of the floor. Aurora meowed loudly and looked over the side of the teddy bears. "Such a rude awakening" you grumbled and headed to the bathroom. You remembered while you were in there that Bucky and Steve were joining you again today and brightened up a little bit, deciding to take a moment to do your makeup since you were already in the bathroom. You wanted to look a little better than usual, and headed to the closet to find a sky blue summer dress that went to your knees, and had lace along the trim at the bottom and top, and spaghetti straps. You put your hair into a ponytail, not wanting to overdo it that you were trying to get a certain someone's attention, and put on a pair of black flats.
You heard a light knock on your door and you grabbed your purse after taking out your laptop and went to answer it with a smile.
"I told them just to walk in" Sam was standing there with Bucky and Steve.
"Thank you for remembering I'm a lady. I could have been getting changed again" you sassed Sam as you came out.
"I've only walked in a few times" Sam chuckled.
"And it cost you every time" you reminded him.
"Good morning, Y/N" Bucky cut into the morning banter.
"Good morning, Bucky" you smiled at him shyly. "Good morning Steve" you added.
"Good morning" Steve smiled and clapped Bucky on the shoulder as you all started heading down the stairs.
"You got dolled up" Sam commented.
"You look really beautiful, pretty, swell" Bucky rambled.
"You do look nice today" Steve added in.
"Thank you. I have to jazz it up once in a while" you gave a secret smile.
"We are taking my car today" Sam announced quickly.
"I'll take the back seat" you offered.
"Steve can have shotgun" Bucky spoke a little shyly and you looked at him for a moment. He gave a wide smile and continued to follow you to the door. As you got close, he jogged past you and opened the door with a smile and you gave a shy thank you and walked through. You waited just outside the door for Sam who led the way to his car, and you automatically went to the passenger side back seat, since you knew Steve would need more leg room, and Bucky opened the door for you.
"Thank you again Bucky" you whispered softly, and slipped into the car. He smiled proudly and went around to the other side and let himself in.
"Why didn't you open my door, ya jerk?" Steve teased him as he got in.
"She's a lady, and should be treated as such, punk" Bucky gave him a playful punch on the back of his shoulder. You gave a soft giggle as Sam jumped in the car and was shaking his head. 
"Any chance you can move the seat up, bird brain?" Bucky asked him quickly, looking squished.
"Nope" Sam shook his head.
"Scoot sideways, and you can put your feet a bit on my side too" you offered.
"No, I'm okay doll. You need to be comfortable too" Bucky blushed a bit.
"I'm comfortable" you gave a warm smile. "Come on, it's not that bad" you urged him and he moved slightly and stretched his legs towards your side. You gave him a smile and then looked out the window as Sam drove towards the farmers market. You were secretly enjoying the feel of closeness in the small space, and were really looking forward to cuddling and reading after. You wondered where Bucky had chosen for it, but didn't want to ruin the surprise. Maybe he was just going to use the balcony for all you knew.