Chapter 19 - The Final Confrontation

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Friend huh... I could regard Arisu as a friend I guess.

"It was pretty normal, I didn't really know what to expect really." I replied.

"You're pretty stoic aren't you Ayankoji-kun. it's not such a bad thing, it suits you," She says as if not being satisfied with my answer to her question.

"The meeting room is up ahead, are you ready?" She continues

"Who knows." I reply as I open the door the room-

In a moment like this where I know what's coming, I'm supposed to feel tense, but I feel nothing.

I'm met with the sight of two people, someone I'm expecting and someone who isn't supposed to be here, the former takes notice of me and glares at me as I walk in calmly.

But this is the best case scenario for me.

I knew he would be here.

He must've arrived when I was in the shower but I had a gut feeling something was going to happen from the start if Yagami spilled the beans on the situation.

I'm met with the sight of the man who started all this, my very own father sitting with a confident stature at the end of the long table.

With chairman Sakayanagi sitting at the other end of the table. Not a word was spoken between either of them as I slowly walked in and took a seat in a chair placed in between both of them so I could see both of them.

The first to speak was the Chairman.

"Akiha, thank you for bringing in Ayanokoji, you can take your leave now"

"I rather she stays Mr.Chairman. I don't have a problem if she sticks around." I told the Chairman since I  who took on a surprised look.

"I'm sorry Ayanokoji but information from this meeting is confidential I can't risk Akiha hearing, it has potential to put her in danger." The chairman says as he glances at the man.

We both know the power my father has to do unspeakable things to others and ruin their lives so now that I think about it, it is better that Akiha leave. My judgement was a bit wayward there but I take a deep breath to clear my mind.

"It's alright, I'll be taking my leave now, it's none of my business anyways." She says before she leaves while shooting me a quick glance as if to say "best of luck" and she leaves.

"This wasn't expected Ayanokoji but this man showed up a mere 5 minutes ago, he knew you were here and I thought that it's best that whatever needs to be concluded, is concluded here tonight, right now." The chairman says.

From what it seems, I believe the man gave the chairman some context of the situation assuming they've found Yagami. It doesn't matter to me if there were lies to his explanations, nobody's actions matter to me because in the end, I'll decide the outcome of this all.

Throughout all this, the man stays silent and doesn't speak a word but he finally speaks with his eyes set towards me.

"You're coming back to your home with me today, I want to hear no more from you." Are the first words spoken to me by the man after nearly a year.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I have places to be, not including the white room." I tell him in return.

"You... you've caused me far too much trouble. Your selfish actions are something I can't overlook. Disobeying my orders is surely something you won't get away with unpunished."

"I'm sorry but I have no wish to be taken to a place that goes against my will."

"Day by day, you rot away in a dirty environment like that, I can't stand to see my property wasted in such an absurd place. It seems you've become far too rebellious and out of line."