Chapter 12 - Dodging a Bullet : A Good Kouhai

Please vote and comment your thoughts as it motivates me write more!

"Nanase?"

"A-Ayanokoji-Senpai!" She exclaimed when I called out to her since she was on her phone.

"How'd you get here so quickly?"

"What do you mean senpai?"

"Weren't you in the crowd?" I told her.

"You noticed?"

"Well yea.."

"I wanted to meet Ayanokoji-Senpai for an important cause, and also, I knew Senpai was always strong but to beat someone like Yamada Albert so effortlessly... You're a scary person you know."

"Is it that surprising?"

"N-no! Of-course not but it was still a sight to see for sure."

"Hm, having fought you before, you're pretty capable yourself, I'm sure you could damage him too with some effort. Afterall, Albert does have technique and sheer strength but if you can use your quickness to your advantage then you might have a chance."

"Having fought... ahh nevermind I'd rather not speak about our little altercation on the island exam but I'm thankful for what you did for me Ayanokoji-Senpai. And hmm, not sure if I'd be able to defeat someone like Albert-senpai but I appreciate your belief in me."

"So what'd you need me for today Nanase?"

"I know Ayanokoji-Senpai would be fine without this information but I think knowing it wouldn't be a bad thing either."

"Are you sure you should be telling me? Won't you be in trouble if you were caught?"

"I won't get caught, and I feel that Senpai should know this since... I don't want Ayanokoji-Senpai getting hurt afterall."

"Let's hear it then."

"I caught wind of something that may be plotted against you in the future, it'll probably happen during this tournament and before your fights though, although I don't know which one."

"I see, I was getting some sort of idea like that too..."

"As expected, Senpai is always one step ahead... I guess I was worried for nothing then."

"Do you know who it involves though? I haven't done enough digging yet so if you knew something it'd save me some time."

"Oh? I'm certain it involves Hosen-kun and a third year. It's probably something related to Nagumo-senpai then. Senpai, I think they're planning on altering your results in this exam."

"Hm... I see, that's how it is then..." What were they planning? Would they try to physically hurt me before one of my fights so I'd be bruised for it?

Getting by Nagumo was probably one of the easiest fights of my life, at most he was probably on par with Ryuen but on the island, he succumbed to my strength much earlier then he should've. And Hosen is someone who is another monster of this school but doesn't match up to me quite yet and never will frankly. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to take on both of them at once but how much energy would I be spared with at the end?

"Uhm, Ayanokoji-Senpai?" Nanase spoke out as I was lost in thought.

"Yea, I can defeat them if it comes down to it but thanks for telling me Nanase."

"No no, there's no reason, helping you is the obvious thing to do but I fear it might not just be them 2 but there might be more underlings of Nagumo accompanying them... I don't question Senpai's abilities at all but I think it's better to come out of it all unscathed so you can be healthy for the tournament."