chapter 4- clarissa pt.2

High school

How was your experience?

Some people hated it. Some people just say they hated it because others say they hate it. Some people loved it. Some people say loved it because others say they loved it.

However some people peaked. Now let me tell you this, peaking in high school is dangerous.

Loving high school and peaking are entirely different things.

You could have loved high school and be the least popular person. You could have peaked in high school and hated it.

People peak for different things. It's not always for a good reason. Some people peak for bad things. But some for good things.

Peaking in high school gives you a false sense of reality. It makes you think this is how the real world is. That you are better than everyone. If you have that mindset. Please. For the sake of everyone. Don't.

Clarissa and I were starting our freshman year. All throughout the summer she was talking to me about how she wanted to be popular. She wants high school to be easy for her.

I told her I don't mind if I'm popular or not, I just want to have a good time.

The first day of high school was just hectic to say the least.

Me and Clarissa stuck together. Yes, although she constantly craved attention, she was still my best friend and I loved her.

She started talking to a few new people from the high school we go to over the summer and she introduced me to them on the first day.

Leia, Brett, Joshua and Hailey.

Leia was as sweet as they come. Literally just pure sugar.

Brett was an average boy. Nothing special about him. Except for his green eyes that he would always try to mention in every conversation I had with him.

Joshua was a bit spicier than him. But still plain as Greek yoghurt. He plays basketball and has a cute smile.

Hailey was...well the kind of person I was talking about earlier. The kind of girl who peaks in high school for all of the wrong reasons.

My relationship radar was telling me that Hailey and Joshua had a bit of a thing going on. So that was that.

"Wait, what's the plan again?" Leia said with a confused look on her face.

"Ugh, you're so dumb like honestly why are you in on this?," Hailey exclaimed, "You're going to mess this up for us."

What. I'm so confused right now. I turn to Clarissa and ask her what happened.

"Wait I'm so confused what's happening?" I ask.

"Keep up Valerie." She replies harshly.

Clarissa says as she rolls her eyes at me. I mean, how rude.

"We're doing a freshman year prank," Joshua replies, "They do it every year at this school, it's kind of a tradition."

"Oh, okay, thanks!" I smile at him.

He smiles back.

Hailey side eyes me. Loser.

"I don't think Valerie should do it with us," Hailey says rudely, "I mean we planned it over for the whole summer, she wouldn't understand it, you know?"

I look to Clarissa, hoping she would back me up. She looks down, avoiding eye contact with me.

Oh. I see how it is. Classless swine.

The Boy She Saw in the HospitalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara