Chapter 1: Wally's Unfortunate Encounters

Start from the beginning

"Hello?" Wally asks, slightly frightened of what he might be hiding in the forest.

Normally this trail is quite safe, but sometimes bad things happen, such as attacks by wild animals or the late bandit.

The forest responded with the rustle of leaves and the flickering noise around Wally, dramatically increasing his anxiety and the feeling of running away to survive.

"What's that?" Wally asks, in a trembling voice, while his legs want to take him away from the forest.

As Wally watches the forest in search of someone or something, a large dark figure with two seemingly menacing heads emerged from behind, gradually growing to double his size.

Having developed a great sense of survival, he realizes that he is being watched and slowly turns to watch as the thing with two heads envelop him in their shadow.

"AAAH! No no no no! NOOO!" Wally cries aloud, starting to run halfway through the forest as if he had just seen the devil.

If Wally had waited just a few more seconds to escape, he would have discovered that there is no horrible creature with two heads.

In reality the creatures are two 14-year-old teenagers, precisely they are Anne and Marcy.

The nerdy girl having the talent to stumble and hurt herself in every way imaginable, hasn't had a great time living in the forest for nine days. She succeeded in dislocating her ankle in the last few days.

Anne being a girl with a heart and already having a protective feeling towards Marcy, obviously decided not to leave her alone even for a single moment.

So Anne has put her arm around Marcy and helps her walk, a rather slow and painful process.

But Anne can't leave Marcy alone for even a second, next time she could have suffered something much worse than a sprained ankle.

Unfortunately, walking so close and bearing Marcy's weight, from a distance it gives the impression of being a creature with two heads.

As Wally runs half-heartedly through the forest, Anne and Marcy are pretty confused about what just happened.

Having heard some music they thought they had found someone who can help them with their situation.

"Is that frog talking?" Anne asks, in an incredulous tone, pointing her hand in Wally's direction.

"Yes. He spoke perfect English, I wonder how is it possible for a creature from a completely different world to speak our language?" Marcy murmurs, having some pretty logical questions that won't be answered for some time.

"Should we chase him? Maybe he'll take us to a city of friendly anthropomorphic frogs?" She suggests Marcy, curious to get in touch with the local people and understand where exactly they are.

It is quite obvious that they are having an isekai experience, but it would have been nice to start their adventure in a more civilized place.

For Marcy, sleeping and waking up in Anne's arms is a dream that will come true.

If only Anne weren't crying when I think she was asleep, if they weren't living in a filthy cave.

"We will do it when your leg is healed. Let's go back to our shelter, to venture into this place in the dark is dangerous." Anne said, tightening her grip around her nerdy friend of hers, afraid that if she loosens her grip, she risks losing her.

Marcy blushes slightly at Anne's protective touch. This messy situation is definitely not the classic isekai setting of her dreams. But at least there is Anne-Banana at her side which makes everything easier to support.