CHAPTER 8 : The Secret of Her :

2week has been past since their marriage, Elizabeth slowly gets to know Ashton more. He is not anymore that cruel jerk to her, it is true that he is cold and reserve, doesn't talk much but still he never insults or disrespects her. He always listens her words, never prevents her from doing anything.  Whenever Chris is home, Elizabeth spends her whole time with him, she also drops him to the school and picks him up from there every day. Sometimes she also talks to Mrs. Benet, she has become like a motherly figure to Elizabeth.  But when she doesn't has anything to do,  she spends the most of her time in the study or library room of Ashton. It's a huge library, with every types of books, like novels, stories, poems, businesses, romance, detective, fiction and nonfiction and many more,like every genre.

Elizabeth just has come back home from dropping Chris with another expensive car which she uses for herself with another driver Gerald. She enters to the kitchen where other maids are working there, she orders one of them, "Ava...can you give me a coffee?? with some chocolate in it please...I'm in the study..." The maid, Ava nods with a smile,  "sure ma'am..." Then she heads towards the study which is in the downstairs beside of Ashton's office room. Yes, he has an office room inside of his mansion so that he can also do works in home. Elizabeth sits on the huge couch and starts reading her unfinished novel while having the hot coffee.

It is 12.30 in noon when she gets a call in her phone, without noticing the caller name, she receives the call, "hello..?" From the other side of the phone, a very familiar voice answers, "Elle...what are you doing in this afternoon??" Elizabeth turns her full focus on the call and excitedly replies, "Anna...its nothing...just in home with Chris...why???" Anna states, "actually Robert and I have decided to go out for a lunch and shopping..so we thought that why don't you join us ???" Elizabeth answers, "ok...then after picking Chris...i will go straight to the restaurant with him...text me the address...okay ???" Anna giggles, "okay ma'am...i can see someone who becomes an amazing mom..." Elizabeth chuckles, "i can't think anything beyond him...Chris becomes my life...it's so small time...but it seems like i know him for years now...." Anna smiles and replies, "I know dear...and I'm happy that I have chosen the correct one..." Elizabeth replies, "okay girl...now bye...I will call you after reaching there..." Anna replies, "okay girl. ..bye..." They both hang up the call.

Elizabeth gets really happy and excited that after a long time, she is going for hangout with her only friends. But suddenly a thought catches her attention, she speaks to herself, "should I tell Ashton about this ??? i mean he should know that...maybe otherwise he can be angry...i should call him and let him know..." She again takes her phone from the side table and calls Ashton, "yes Elle...anything???" Elizabeth makes a fake cough and hesitantly tells him, "Anna called me...she wants to join them in lunch..." Without any expressions, he coldly replies in his usual deep voice, "so..why did you call me Elle ...?" Elizabeth sighs and takes a deep breath and then says, "can I go there with Chris ??" Ashton sighs, he replies, "Elle... you are an adult... you don't need to ask for my permission for this small things... and now Chris is your son...so you have the right to go with him...I'm not a monster that you think.... you can go...and as per as Chris...you know better to take care of him than me..." Elizabeth gets confused, she can see a new Ashton infront of her, who is not anymore demanding or arrogant, rather than sweet and understanding. She smiles widely and replies in cute tone, "okay...and you are not monster...you are really sweet... anyway bye..." Hearing her cute compliments, Ashton smiles, his cute little baby wife is changing him slowly and he can feel it too, he replies, "thank you...but be safe...bye..." Then Elizabeth quickly goes upstairs to change, she wears a skinny jeans and a white top with full sleeves,  wears her casual sneakers and heads to the car.

They all enjoy a lot for the whole day, she is in the shopping mall when Ashton calls her, "Elle...where are you now ???" Elizabeth replies, "I'm in the mall...why?? anything wrong???" Ashton says, "no actually I'm on my way home....so I thought to take you along..." Elizabeth replies, "but I have brought the car and Gerald. .." Ashton sighs, "I will send him back...you can come with me...send the address..."She sighs and says, "okay..."