CHAPTER 5 : The Deal :

Ashton is in his dining table when Anna calls him, she says, "Ash...Elle wants to talk to you...she is coming to the office. .. please don't say anything wrong that can hurt her...please Ash..." Ashton sighs and takes a deep breathe by saying,  "fine Anna...now stop acting..." He then leaves for his office.

In his office, he orders Maria, "Ms. Canham...i need some conversation with Ms. William. ..make sure to send her in my cabin when she will be here...and i don't want any disturbance when i will be with her...make it sure..." Maria nods her head and leaves the cabin.

Ashton takes out his phone and calls to his most efficient and trustworthy right hand Jacob who helps him with his own team for investigation. He calls him, "Jacob...I need some information about someone. ..i will send her details and i need everything by this evening. ..got it ???" He is suddenly interrupted by the knock, he quickly cuts the call and says, "come in..." Elizabeth enters to his cabin when he instructs her to sit infront of his table. She is about to sit when she falls on the ground, Ashton notices that she is limping. Ashton quickly runs to her and holds her hand and makes her sit on the nearby sofa, while he sits beside of her. He really doesn't like her a lot because of her behavior, she is the first person who stood infront of him without any fear or hesitation, The Ashton Hamilton cannot take this humiliation but still he also has a soft corner for her as he saw himself how she took care of his son and also she saved Chris risking her own life. Thatswhy he somehow has managed to agree to marry her for the sake of his only son.

He hesitantly says her, "is your feet still hurts???" Elizabeth just returns a short smile, "no sir...I'm fine..." They both keep silent for some minutes in awkwardness but Ashton finally breaks it, "Ms. William... I think Anna already told you about it but still I want to ask it by myself...are you really ready to marry me???" Elizabeth is all ready to answer now, "yes sir....if Chris really needs me then I'm going to do anything for him..." Ashton replies, "are you doing this only for him...?" Elizabeth sighs and says, "sir...I raised by myself in an orphanage...i know how it feels being raised without parents... Chris also has the same problem like me...i also know about you and Anna...thatswhy maybe Anna wants you to remarry. .."

Now she is putting her nose in Ashton privacy, so he quickly cuts her by saying, "don't you think that you are getting too far in my personal life ??? You are Anna's friend not mine...so it's better to be in your limits Ms. William..." Hearing this, Elizabeth grits her teeth in anger, "Sir....I'm in my limits...I'm here because of your son.." Ashton gives her a devilish smirk and replies, "anyway...I have some conditions which I want to make clear to you in the very first before our marriage. .." Elizabeth gets confused, she knows that before this cold jerk maybe not except her as his wife and that's become true by his words. No man or woman gives conditions before their marriage which he is doing now with her. She asks him confusingly,  "sure...what is it ???" He clears his throat and crosses his leg on another, sits straight and speaks, "I will respect you as my wife...you will get everything you want for your whole life...but I can't give you love or anything that any woman expects from her husband...i hope you understand. .." She really understands his feelings, it's really hard to believe any other person after being ditched. She just nods her head. He continues,  " and another thing...you can't continue your job...as..." He doesn't finish his words when Elizabeth cuts him furiously, "what do you want to mean ??? I can't work ??? I did so much just to work and to be eligible. ..but you are saying..." Now Ashton is clinging his jaws together in anger, no one have the dare to interrupt him in between, but this ordinary girl has her guts to speak against him. He calms himself and says, "look Ms William. ..i hate interruptions. ..anyway..you heard me right for the first...I'm marrying you for my son...don't worry about money...i will pay you your salary...and clear your all debts..." Now it's Elizabeth's turn to get angry, she frowns her eyebrows on him and says, "i don't need your money...i will quit the job...but i can't accept your so called salary for being the mom of your son...if you want to pay then hire some nanny in spite of me...if i will marry you then I will be housewife completely. ..as i have noone to care about accept myself...but if you divorce me anytime then??? how can I survive???" Ashton replies, "fine...if I give you divorce anytime then I will pay you enough to survive and also will give you job...i think it's a fine deal for you..." Elizabeth is all alone by herself, she just wants a family, thatswhy she wants to give Chris a perfect life, so she agrees with him.

She directly stares at Ashton's ocean eyes with her grey orbs, she puts all her strength to say, "okay sir...I'm in this deal...only... only for your son...i think our conversation is over now...so I'm taking my leave. .." She gets up when she feels a sharp pain again in her anklet and about to fall but Ashton holds her by her waist.  Her head barely touches his chest, because of  her short 5.5 height and his 6.4. She is shocked and both of their eyes are stuck together, her gaze is upon Ashton, whereas Ashton is also staring at her, her simple look is infront of him. But somehow Elizabeth shifts her gaze from him and he helps her to stand. Ashton says, "I think you need to go back... i told Maria to give you 2days leave..then why you came???" Elizabeth is confused seeing his concerns on her, how can this cold person cares about her, maybe because she is marrying him for his son, maybe he is just pitying her. That's it, what else can be. She just shakes her head and replies, "i came here to talk to you sir...I'm heading back anyway. .." Ashton really doesn't want to send her alone in her this situation, so he insists, "Sam will drop you...i will call Maria to help you..." She tries to resist him but fails massively. He is the Ashton, no one can stops him what he wants to do.

After some few days, Ashton organizes a conference meeting with reporters where he decides to declare about their marriage. Elizabeth and Ashton both have to attend it so they go there. Elizabeth becomes nervous because she never faced camera before and now for her future husband, she have to face it. She properly  gets dressed in a nevy blue alined dress, she makes her hair in a loss braid, puts her usual minimal makeup and puts a pair of nude hills too. She is looking stunning in her simple looks. Her dusky skin tone fits this color of her dress perfectly. They both sits on the chair infront of all where the reporters starts asking questions to Ashton.  He is  calmly giving them answers, whereas Elizabeth is not comfortable at all. To Ashton, it's quite easy to face the reporters as its normal for him. But to Elizabeth, it's not. She was never so forward and still not now, she is an introvert person who hates attention or gatherings. But she has no options. Suddenly a reporter asks a awkward question to Elizabeth, making her flinch a little, "ma'am...i have heard that you are an orphan...but you are marrying Mr. Hamilton who is pretty older than you...so is it normal for you ?.. and can you accept his son ? and what's about his previous wife ?.." She didn't expect this kind of questions but suddenly Ashton gives the answer, "look...I already told you all not to ask personal questions...i hope you got your answer. ..she is not very familiar with all these things so...please excuse us..." Soon he holds Elizabeth's hand and drags her from there.

She thought that maybe Ashton would be angry on her for being unprofessional in that interview but to her surprise he asks her, "do you need a lift ? " She hesitantly nods her head side by side as a no but he stops her, "it's okay. ..you can't find a cab now...i will drop you..." Then they both drives away to their own destinations.