Knowing Why.

Riven rocked up to training over an hour late, when he eventually did show up Silva didn't notice him slip in behind the first years who were all eagerly watching Sky battle another second year- Riven didn't know her name.

Sky disarmed her and she only smiled at him as he offered her back her blade.

"Well done Sky." Silva clapped him on his shoulder as Sky walked past and Riven felt something twist in his chest. Of course, he knew that Silva and Sky were incredibly close, Silva had raised Sky after the death of his father as they were best friends. But something about their relationship had always bugged Riven because of his nonexistent relationship with his father. It was less than nothing. It was-

Riven's train of thought was cut off when Sky was suddenly in front of him. A slight sweat glistened on his brow and his sword was now back in the sheath on his back.

"Hey Riven is everything alright... You looked pretty out of thought." Sky teased his friend and Riven shrugged.

"She's awake, ya know if you want to go see her," Riven told him and Sky smiled.

"That's incredible- thank you." Sky said and was about to turn around to go back inside but he noticed the blank expression which plagues Riven's features. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Look- I know you and Stella can't tell me anything about, ya know that night. And I respect that, but..." Riven paused, looking around to see if anyone was listening. "Let me just ask something."

Sky didn't reply, he only continued to listen to his friend.

"Whatever happened, that scar... on her neck- she got it that night. Didn't she?"

"Yes," Sky swallowed, "Yeah- she got it that night."

"I understand- now go see her, I told her to get some more rest but knowing her she's ignored me completely. I'll cover for you with Silva." He told Sky who only put his hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Thank you."

Riven watched as Sky jogged off back to Alfea, getting smaller and smaller. Something inside him screamed that Sky gets the girl, Sky always gets the girl. But then Riven remembered that whatever happened is why they're so close. Sky knew what had happened, it didn't bother him as much that Stella knew. It bothered him that Sky knew. Sky knew and he didn't. 

But Sky was his best friend. Riven shrugged off the whole thing completely or tried to which is why he lost every fight that morning.

------------------------

He can't stop thinking about her- ooooo Riv