Knowing Everything.

Riven propped himself up on his elbows, moving to get up from the bed, still, half laughing. He stood to put a shirt on and turned back to face her. He asked her what was wrong when he noticed her motionlessly standing at his desk with her back to him but she couldn't hear him.

Her stomach dropped, and she blinked once, twice. Hoping that if she did enough times it might disappear. That Riven didn't have this but it remained. Meaning- meaning he had to know everything before she even told him.

Riven was now standing behind her, still oblivious to what she held in her hand. He began to kiss her neck, trailing up to her ear and he finally looked down to what she now used both hands to hold as if it weighed a tone.

"Marlene I-" He began and she finally turned around to face him, she looked up at him and his heart broke. Her eyes were glassy and bloodshot, her lip quivering.

"Did you know?" She asked, her voice firm, contrasting how she looked.

"Marls I didn't-" He began but she shook her head.

"Did you know? Did you know about everything I told you before?"

"I, yes." He said and Marlene's eyes dropped. "I-I found it on your desk the night we properly met, the party. I took it off your desk."

He explained himself and she began to shake her head, stepping away from him, but he took that step back. "But I didn't care, yes I knew and yes I should have told you. And I'm sorry- Marlene look at me, I'm sorry but you have to know I never cared. I didn't want to question you about it because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable and it was none of my business. Will you please look at me?"

But something in her chest broke so violently that she wondered if it was possible that no one heard it. Her eyes were full of tears, she didn't want to be there... this just wasn't her place.

"You fucking knew? God, I'm such an idiot- Riv- fuck! You fucking knew!" She yelled at him, "I told you all of that because I trusted you Riven, I- I- fuck!" She said and tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Marlene, I didn't want to upset you- I wanted you to tell me because you felt safe enough to do it. Please- Please I'm sorry."

She could see he meant it and she believe him but Marlene felt this swell of rage in her stomach, she felt like an idiot. She had just spilled her life to someone who knew it all already. She was angry, so so angry. But not all at Riven. She was furious with herself.

Suddenly the window shattered from a large gust of wind, spreading glass all over the floor. Riven lunged towards her, shielding her with his own body as the glass came directly at them, all over the room.

She screamed and he groaned as a few pieces, only a few small ones cut him across his neck and one on his cheek. He pulled back and felt the blood trickling down his face, he pressed a finger to the cut on his cheek and winced. Riven looked down at Marlene who was shaking.

"I- I'm sorry. Riven I'm so sorry. I-" But she didn't finish because she turned and left the room.

---------------

she didn't mean too- oh no!! Pls vote and comment xx