22. To survive

'How's it going?' Karma asked Sharon, she was awake first and made her way outside of Sam and Sara's lovely little house in the middle of nowhere and was walking around the property

'Do you have it?'

'I spun it down but its gone, couldn't pull anything useful.' Karma informed her. 'that handsome man from Sokovia he took the rest and smashed them into oblivion and I'm sure you heard the whole John Walker fiasco...'

'I did.' Sharon agreed

'Where are you now? Actually don't tell me.'

'I'm gonna get you your pardon.' Karma told her confidently

'Then the real work can begin.' Sharon agreed.

+

Bucky woke to the sounds of Sam's nephews pretend fighting with the shield

'Hey,' he said softly waving to them

'Put it back put it back hurry, hurry,' they put the shield back in his bag running off

'Karma?' He asked his eyes fell to the shield.

'Got to go Sharon I'm being summoned.'

'Karma?'

'right here.' she said popping her head in 'I'm in early riser'

'That's right... I remember.' Bucky wrapped his arms around her and although they had changed so much since before the blip somehow they still work together even though karma was a completely different person. Even though she was lying to him.

'Want to go for a walk?" Karma questioned he nodded his hand in hers as they moved.

'After this whole Karly thing...' Bucky began.

'Yes?' she questioned ignorantly.

'Would you maybe...'

'Yes...'

'Want to go out on a real date... like before. But without the secrets?' Bucky questioned and Karma sucked in a little breath. Without the secrets.

'I would love that.' Karma told him.

'So what did sharon do to my karma?' Bucky questioned

'What did she do?' Karma questioned with a laugh

'Yeah. You were constantly dancing and singing always a song in your head or a book in your hands.'

'You watch game of thrones yet?' Karma questioned

'I've been busy.' Bucky remarked. 'You find a fan fic that doesnt kill whats his name?'

'Yes! Sandor I found one writer that hates killing him. It made me very happy.' (Wink wink) karma confirmed. 'You look good bucky. Really good. I like the haircut.' She sadi running a hand through his hair. 'Real world bucky suits you.'

'Yes you told me that.' bucky mused wrapping his arm around her waist.

'What zemo was saying about your book...'

'Your name is on my list.' Bucky told her

'What?'

'I felt like I betrayed your trust.' Bucky told her and karma felt her heart drop. He had lied about who he was and now she was keeping secrets from him. 'I... you let me in and I was a fugitive-'

'Bucky-'

'And then I don't know if sharon felt guilty once she found out who i was and then she stole the wings and sheild and you guys your life got flipped upside down.' Bucky went on

'Bucky thats not your fault.' Karma told him. 'Sharon did that because she liked steve she knew it was right. That you were innocent.'

'How though?'

'Because im a good judge of character and i fell in love with you on the spot.' Karma told him. 'We lost so much time running away from our selves. You became a better bucky a new man the programming of the winter soldier is gone. I became what i needed to. To survive in this world. Sharon trained me she wanted me to be able to take care of myself and im glad i know. I'm glad I'm not ignorant to all this but my life... its never going to be the same. I cant go back to being a dance teacher i know too much.' Karma told him.

"No? I saw your moves back in Mandripoor you still got it." Bucky mused his hands twisting her hips back and forth

"Glad to know I can still impress." Karma teased

"Throughly." Bucky agreed

'But how i feel about you... seeing you again at selbys club it all came flooding back.' Bucky was impatient for her lips fisting her hair he tipped her head up to him his lips meeting hers as her arms wrapped around him. She kissed him like she needed him to breathe.