15. Team work

'As nice as it is to hear a friendly voice,' Sharon said on the other end of the phone 'I can't help but feel a favor coming on.'

'We found the camp but no one here is telling us shit Zemo found out where the funeral is but he's holding us hostage for the information.' Sam informed her.

'That surprise you? So you don't wanna go into this blind?'

'I know I owe you a lot already but we could use a trustworthy eyes on the camp you got any more tricks in your bag?' sam asked hopefully.

'I may or may not have access to a satellite or two,' Sharon said 'let me see what I can do.'

'thank you.' Sam said immediately.

'Hey Sam you have to play this out if Karly disappears we're never going to find that serum.' Sharon told him

'I know.'

'The power broker went apeshit when he heard about Nagel we have to get this serum back, you kill the golden goose, Mandripoor is about to get real nasty,' Sharon told him

'I'm sorry.'

'Don't apologize just find her.' Sharon demanded. 'Put karma on.'

'Karma, your sister.' Sam said holding out the phone.

'Yes sister dearest?" Karma questioned putting the phone to her ear and heading out to the balcony.

'Well?'

'They cant work as a team, they are constantly butting heads.' Karma informed her.

'You and Bucky.' Sharon corrected.

'Oh,' Karma said her face blushing immediately.

"He kissed you, didn't he?" Sharon questioned leaning back in her chair.

'How did you know?" Karma questioned.

'Because I saw how he looked at you, how you two danced, how he grabbed you and protected you when the bomb went off at the shipping yard.' Sharon began. 'should I go on?"

'Okay so I still love him!" Karma declared. 'and he still loves me.'

'Good girl, fuck hi before this is over.' Sharon instructed.

'Sharon!" Karma declared laughing.

'What?'

'I have a mission,' she reminded her.

'I'm giving you a new mission.' Sharon mused.

"Trust me, I want him that's not a problem.' Karma reminded her. 'but things are moving, smoothly enough. Once I get the serum then bucky and I can celebrate.' Karma told her.

'Always on task.' Sharon remarked. 'Alright, I gotta go, people are getting antsy here,' Sharon told her as she walked.

'Love you, talk soon.'

++

'Karly Morgenthau is too dangerous to be feuding between us with this shit.' John walker announced.

'How did you find us now?' Bucky questioned annoyed he gripped Karma's hand tighter as the new Cap approached.

'Come on man you really think two avengers can walk around without drawing attention?' Lamar questioned

'No more keeping us in the dark.' John said 'you can start by telling us why you broke him at a prison.' John's eyes drifted to Karma.

'He did that himself technically.' Bucky told him

'That better be an unbelievable explanation.' John remarked marching closer.

'Take it easy before it gets weird,' Sam said pushing him back.

'Another fugitive?" John questioned looking to Karma.

"No, never.' Karma told him. 'I'm on vacation and I met this handsome robot.' Karma told him sweetly, better he think her innocent an ignorant.

'Right,' John mused.

'That's how we met the first time.' Karma murmured.

'I know where Karly is,' zemo said calmly trying to walk past him but John put a hand on him.

'Well where?' John asked

'All we know is it in Memorial so we're going to interceptor there.'

'Civilians High risk of casualties.' Lamar noted as zemo pushed past John.

'We're moving fast take her by surprise,' John told them taking charge of the situation after all he was captain america.

'No I wanna talk to her alone,' Sam said as they followed Zemo.

'I'm not losing her again,' John said

'Donya was the person closest to her, she died if there's any chance of reasoning with her it's now.' sam countered.

'No no stop,' John said running ahead of them 'I think we're way past reasoning with her unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people in it.'

'So you walk in there and she could kill you.' Lamar added

'And I go in hot and something goes wrong a lot of people are going to die.' Sam countered

'And you're gonna go along with this?' John questioned Bucky 'you're gonna let your partner go into a room with a super soldier alone?'

'He's dealt with worse and he's not my partner.' Bucky informed him.

'They really don't get along.' Karma agreed. John stared at her trying to figure her out, but he couldn't place her.

'I also council soldiers dealing with trauma,' Sam reminded him

'I was a soldier, and I know those soldiers which is why I know this is a bad idea,' John told him

'if he can talk her down...' Lamar suggested 'it might be worth a try.' John nodded begrudgingly

'We will deal with you later,' John said to Zemo.

'I'm sure we will all come to agreeable conclusion,' Zemo agreed, 'my associate is just up ahead.' he said pointing to a little girl. Zemo nodded to her, 'hello my friend this is for your family,' he held out a $500 bill, she took it quickly. 'can you show us the way?' She waved a hand and they followed behind her.

'What the hell?' John remarked as they follow the little girl she pointed up the stairs heading in herself.

'Karly is in there.' Zemo told them, he was starting to follow Sam when John grabbed his arm handcuffing him to the wall. 'understandable,' zemo said pulling at his cuffed wrist.

'you got 10 minutes before we do things my way.' John said annoyed. Karma looked to Bucky nervously then to Zemo he smiled sweetly.