8. Her Bucky

The smiling monkey was where they were going. The neon sign above the door and they were greeted with many skulls littered along the wall, were or not it looked like a dangerous place to be.

'Ready to comply? Winter soldier.' Zemo said as they walked into the bar

'Hello I wasn't expecting you smiling tiger.' the bartender said

'His plans changed.' ZEMO said 'we have business to do with Selby.'

'This place is... a lot.' Bucky remarked but his eyes drifted to the stage the dancer. Purple bob hair.  Dark purple sparkly eyeshadow purple lips and a tiny purple outfit. Those hips. And tall purple heels.  Bucky watched her as zemo ordered drinks

'Usual?' the bartender Rob questioned Sam and Sam gave a nod not going to speak and blow his cover the bartender pulled a snake from the jar gutting it before them. Zemo smiled contently

'Oh smiling Tiger, your favorite.' Zemo remarked smugly.

'I love these.' Sam said stiffly.

'Cheers Conrad.' ZEMO said bring his own shot his lips, Sam made a face before drinking it down. And giving the bartender a thumbs up before attending to the rest of the bar.

'I got word from up high that you're not welcome here.' a bald man with a long beard said to ZEMO threateningly.

'I have no business with the power broker if he insists he can either come and talk to me or...' Zemo pointed to Bucky

'New Haircut?' He asked Bucky

'Or you can bring us to Selby.' ZEMO said.

'The power broker really?' Bucky asked as the man walked away.

'Every city needs it's King.' Zemo remarked 'best we stay off the radar.'

'Do you know him?' sam questioned

'Only by reputation in mandripoor he is judge jury and executioner.' Zemo informed them.

Zemos eyes drifted to the stage what held buckys attention so thoroughly. A smile quirked on zemos lips she seemed to smile at them as she walked off the stage but that was probably wishful thinking and lack there of action in buckys life recently. But she came right towards them jumped over the bar and pulled wig from her head wiping at her lips as she pulled on an oversized jacket completely oblivious to the men staring at her. She kicked off her heels before pouring herself a drink. Two shots later Rob told her he had a call and to man the bar.

'Woman! Woman the bar!' She corrected he just waved her off as he left.

'Hello darling.' Zemo said leaning towards her over the bar.

'Hiya handsome what can I get for...' she eyes glanced over to bucky. Bucky, bucky. 'Fuck.' she muttered.

'Karma?' Bucky questioned and karma pulled her jacket around suddenly aware of how little clothing she was wearing.

'Hi. Drink?' She croaked out spinning around. She pulled her phone out if her jacket pocket texting sharon. If bucky was here it meant nothing good.

'Karma. 'Bucky said again pulling her attention back to him.

'Hi,' she said sheepishly.

'Who is your gorgeous friend?' Zemo questioned feeling the clear tension.

'Karma Carter.' Bucky said and she waved awkwardly.

'Vodka? Seems like vodka is a good idea'. She said pouring them all a shot but she drank three of them as zemo slide one towards himself.

'Karma. What are you doing here?'  Bucky questioned

'Im... working,' she said gesturing around.

'Baron helmut zemo,' Zemo said out stretching a hand she took his hand in hers and he kissed the tip of her hand.

'Oh,' she said softly a small smile on her face before she looked back to a clearly mad bucky

'Where did you go? Why did you leave?' Bucky demanded, he wanted to kiss her and hug her and yell at the same time. He had went back to New York after they stopped Zemo, he went to look for her explain, thinking she might have seen his face on the news but she was gone. Vanished.

'Bucky,' karma said annoyed and wanting him at the same time. 'Sharon took the bird guys-'

'Hey!' Sam shouted.

'Fuck. Sorry. I don't keep up on supers.' Karma said apologetically

'Sam Wilson,' he informed her.

'You look good' bucky told her 'really good.'

'Blipped away.' She said sweetly. 'Does great for the completion.' She teased

'Me too,' bucky said softly. 'So what are you doing here?'

'Sharon took the wings for sam...' karma nodded to him. 'To save you from... did you say zemo?' Karma questioned. Zemo gave her guilty look. 'How did you end up with the man that almost ruined your life?' karma countered.

'I have information he needs.' Zemo said simply. She ran a thumb across her lip wiping away more purple lip stick. Pouring another drink and checking her phone. No new messages. Urgent. Selbys. Zemo and Barnes! She texted quickly again.

'But what are you doing here?' Bucky questioned

'Sharon was on the run. I wasn't going to leave her, she didn't really give me a choice,' Karma admitted. 'but I would have went with her either way. We have been through everything together. I know her work was dangerous but shes my sister.' Karma told them. 'I didn't know her work was dangerous at the time but I know things now.'

'You came here?' Sam questioned

'Karma was a dance teacher.. before.' Bucky told them.

'And now you are a stripper?' Sam questioned

'I dance. I dance on a stage. My clothes however little it is stays on my body.' Karma said defensively.

'Right. Sorry.' Sam said awkwardly.

'You are an excellent dancer.' Zemo told her sweetly.

''thanks.' Karma said but she couldn't take her eyes off bucky he had changed so much yet she still saw her bucky.