17. storms

There was a storm that erupted out of nowhere

There was a storm that erupted out of nowhere. It came pouring down on them when they reached the motel and got out of the car. Jonathan had a spare jacket inside and he used it to shelter them but by the time he could put it over them, the rain had already drenched them both from head to toe.

They tiptoed, hurrying to the motel office for the keys. Love shivered as cold drops of rain trailed down her skin. She huddled close to Jonathan when they entered the lobby, seeking his heat like a needy child. She giggled at the irony of the rain. It was like it had followed the course of her heart.

The skies knew perhaps how to soothe her. She had always loved the rain more than the clear weather.

"Stay here," Jonathan said, wrapping the jacket around her. "I'll get the keys."

She nodded as he walked past her and into the office. Alone in the corridor, she pulled the jacket closer to her body, inhaling Jonathan's scent on it, mixed with the earthy smell of the rain. The strands of her hair stuck to her face as she stared at the sky watching the drizzling rainfall, feeling like heaven was crying for her too.

The door to the office opened and Jonathan emerged out, twirling the key around a finger. He grabbed her hand as they proceeded towards the path to Room 13 like it was an ordinary thing to do. When they reached the door, he let go of her hand and turned the lock. He let her enter first before following after.

The door shut behind them again and Jonathan locked it. The sound of it clicking bounced across the room. Her heart thundered when she turned to face him.

She gasped when she found him close. It wasn't done intentionally by him though. The room itself was small for them and with the bed right behind her, they were inches apart.

Jonathan looked startlingly more handsome wet than when he was in his prime state. His drenched shirt stuck to his body, accentuating the hard torso beneath which had survived the worst. He was all hard muscles, raw maleness tucked under soft words, and beautiful dreams. His wet locks of hair made drops dribble down his face, dropping from his chin. His lips were slightly parted as he watched her watching him, his eyes sharp on her face.

When their eyes met, the thunder in Love's out mimicked the thunder outside. She could feel the way his glance was drifting down her body. She couldn't help but feel bold when she saw his eyes taking in the view of her perky nipples under her dress. Her bra had been light as the weather demanded in the morning but with the rain being so accidental, its effects on her appearance were bold too.

She saw his stare darken when he moved his gaze further down, drinking in the rest of her. His Adam's apple bobbed, fingers curling to fists and the straining veins embroidering his forearms were clear signs of what he wanted to do to her. The problem was that she too wanted to be done by him.

She had always imagined being trapped under that body, having nowhere to escape. He was a prison she wouldn't mind being caged in forever.

"Uh...you should..." He hesitated, moving his eyes to a blank wall around the room. "You should go take a shower. You'll catch cold."