37. Your loud mouth

I couldn't stop checking my phone. I was walking to my car after class and I was barely paying attention to where I was going. Jake had said he was going to try to come over this afternoon after his class but his class had ended twenty minutes ago and I hadn't heard anything from him.

I was getting impatient. I wanted to see him so badly and more importantly I wanted to thank him for everything he did this morning. His spreadsheet was a good start to figuring my shit out and I officially made an appointment with my advisor to go over my options. I have a few weeks before that meeting to look into some majors and find something that I might actually like.

But that could all wait because right now I just wanted to see my boyfriend and show him how much I appreciated him.

I couldn't think about anything else as I made my way back to my apartment. There was still no word from Jake and I was seconds away from calling him myself. If I didn't hear from him by the time I got back and put my stuff away I was going to do it.

I had my phone in my hand as I walked into my apartment staring at the contact the whole way to my room. I pushed my door open throwing my bag onto the ground next to my desk.

I hadn't noticed anything off until I looked up ready to fall onto my bed. I paused staring at the figure already laying down on my covers.

"What are you doing here?" I smiled down at my boyfriend.

"I said I'd come see you after my class." He told me.

"I thought you'd text me or something. I was waiting very impatiently for the past half an hour." I crawled onto the bed and laid out next to him.

"You should really learn to be more patient." Jake teased.

"I think I'm perfect just the way I am."

"I don't know about that one." He laughed.

Instead of arguing I leaned forward pressing my lips against his. It never got old, that feeling of Jake pressed against me, his lips moving against mine. I wished I could drown in him, fully submerge myself and never pull myself out.

This kiss wasn't heated and Jake didn't try to take over. It was slow and soft. But even still that feeling overtook me all the same. The light brushes of his lips against mine, the way his hand was cradling my face so gently.

I never wanted to leave this moment ever. Jake was treating me with such care and I didn't think anyone had ever made me feel like this. I tried to find the right word. I tried to find exactly how I was feeling and it was like that word was just out of reach.

I didn't need to know what it was to know I'd never felt it before.

I pulled away from the kiss needing a minute to keep myself together. It sort of felt like my chest was being cracked open and I had the sudden feeling like I might cry.

"Thank you." I said to Jake.

"For what?" His hand traveled up the side of my face brushing back a strand of hair out of my face.

"This morning, the spreadsheet. You didn't have to do all that research for me." I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Jake went out of his way to help me like that.

"I wanted to. I didn't want you to stress yourself out and I like making spreadsheets."

I laughed lightly. Of course Jake liked to make spreadsheets. That was another fact about him that really didn't surprise me at all.

"What can I do to repay you?" My eyes sparkled with anticipation.

I knew where this was going to go. I had walked out of class today knowing exactly what was going to happen when I saw Jake. We'd been taking things slow and that was fine with me. I didn't need sex right now but that didn't mean we couldn't do something else.