21. A good friend

I walked into my apartment somehow knowing something was wrong. Becca and Monroe were sat on the couch talking about something and my third beyond dramatic roommate was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't super unusual but I hadn't actually seen Jetson recently and I was beginning to worry where he was spending all his time.

"Babe can you please let it go?" Monroe groaned.

"No never." She shook her head.

"What's going on?" I asked walking over to greet my two best friends.

"It's Jetson." Becca told me.

"What about him?" I was kinda concerned but I also knew if Monroe was trying to get Becca to leave it be it couldn't be anything too bad.

"He's fine, Becca is just making a thing out of nothing." Monroe waved me off.

"No I'm not! He's camped out in his room and he keeps running away from me whenever I try to talk to him." She argued.

"Yeah because you keep interrogating him every chance you get." Monroe responded.

"Is this about you thinking he's hiding something?" I questioned my blonde bestie.

"Maybe." She said sheepishly.

"Just let it go Becs." I told her really hoping she'd stop terrorizing poor Jetson over my secret.

"I just want him to know that he can tell me anything and I'd listen with no judgement. Even if he had a new girlfriend who was a total bitch, I'd still be supportive. Maybe I'd tell him she's a bitch but that would just be because I care about him and I think he deserves better than a terrible girlfriend who is rude and cheats on him." Becca rambled on.

"I'll go talk to him but you got to lay off and let him come to you." I said. I needed to go and tell Jetson he didn't need to go to such extents to keep my secret. If he spilled to Becca it wouldn't be the end of the world.

"I promise I'll leave it." She nodded.

And I trusted that she meant the words. I turned away from the couple and walked over to where Jetsons door was closed shut.

I knocked softly on his bedroom door trying to listen for movement on the other side.

"Jetson? It's Evan." I said letting him know it was just me.

The door cracked open and Jetsons head peaked out.

"Come in." He waved me inside and then shut the door behind me.

I stepped into the room looking around to see that Monroe and Becca had been right, Jetson was camping out in here. There was a pile of take out containers next to his desk where he must have been eating his meals.

"Jetson you know you don't have to hide away in here. I told Becca to lay off and even if you did tell her about Jake and I it's not that big of a deal, I wouldn't be mad at you." I told him truthfully.

I felt kinda bad that he was doing all this for me.

"It's not just that, I've been writing this essay for one of my classes and it's been brutal. But it needs to be finished by tomorrow so just got to power through it."

"Well good luck with that and when it's finished I expect to see you outside this room at some point." I joked.

"We will see about that, Becca scares me." He laughed.

"You can tell her, it's better she hear it from you then walk in on Jake and I."

"No one should have to go through that." Jetson shuddered.

"Ha ha." I rolled my eyes. "Just maybe don't tell the whole team, I still rather keep it quiet. Which I'm guessing might be hard especially after-,"

"Oh don't worry about that." Jetson waved me off. "No one's talking about Jake breaking up the fight so you're good."

I gave him a puzzled look. I figured when Jake stepped in I was going to have to listen to people talking about why the rival captain was at the party in the first place. It didn't make sense that no one cared, unless there was something else that they were talking about instead.

"Why? Did something else happen?" I questioned.

"No offense but people don't really care about your almost fight when-," Jetsons eyes widen and he covered his mouth with his hand.

"When what?"

"I can't tell you." He shook his head.

"Jetson, what else happened?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

I knew I was just going on about not pushing Jetson to reveal his secrets but this had to do with my team and I needed to know what else was going on.

"Monroe got into a fight with Justin after Jake pulled you away. He told me not to tell you about it, he thinks you're going to make him apologize." Jetson rushed out all the words pouring out of his mouth in one exhale.

"He needs to make things right with Justin, I can't have the team fighting especially not with our Kingsley rematch coming up."

As much as Justin deserved the punch I wasn't going to let the team fall apart because some douchebag said some shit things to me. I could take the verbal assault, I didn't need Monroe trying to fight my battles for me.

"Justin is a dick and Monroe isn't going to apologize for doing the right thing."

"Well he better because it was stupid of him to start some fight over shit said about me. I can take the insults." I sighed.

"The words might have been directed at you but they don't hurt just you. You know you aren't the only gay on the team." Jetson said leaving me shocked and feeling kinda dumb for not realizing that he was right.

"What who else-?" I trailed off realization sinking in.

Oh.

"Don't make a big thing about it." Jetson looked away from me obviously feeling a little uncomfortable.

"You never said anything."

"Didn't feel like I needed to make a big thing about it. I've come out once in my life to my parents and then decided I didn't really need to do it again. I date who I want and people can figure the rest out on their own. But I'm bisexual not gay, so I still like women I guess." He just shrugged.

"You're right about the whole Justin thing. The team should be a safe environment for everyone and letting things like that go isn't helping anything. I'll deal with it."

"I'm always right." He smiled.

"Thank you, for telling me about you and just being a good friend or whatever."

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes bumping his shoulder with mine.

I grinned. I was lucky to have the roommates I did. I had no clue how I would have gotten through school and being on the team without Monroe and Jetson.