Chapter 68 - Better Than Ever

Comincia dall'inizio

"I am never going to let that down." Vaughan sulked.

"Aw come on Vaughan, it wasn't that bad." Andrew assured the girl, picking up his tambourine from the shelf.

"You kidding? You think blowing a hole in the school wasn't 'that bad'?" Vaughan replied.

"Not to mention the possibility of crushing all the students below!" Josh added.

Vaughan glared at the boy as he tweaked his drum set.

"Don't worry about nothing. You still have us, and we forgive you the past, uh, booboo." said Daphine.

"If you ask me, since that day, I think's brought us all a little bit more closer than ever before." Jazz stated.

"So what do you say? Better Than Ever?" Blaster suggested.

"I'm down for it." Spike agreed, taking a mircophone in his hand.

"Yeah!" Josh cheered, twirling his drum sticks before he began to whack them together. "One, two, three!"

The band began to play as Blaster provided a beat with Josh using his DJ set. Vaughan made her way over to the microphone, standing inbetween Jazz and Raoul.

"There was a time we were apart

But that's behind us now

See how we've made a brand new start

And the future's lookin' up, ah-oh, ah-oh

And when you walk these halls

You feel it everywhere

Yeah we're the Autobots forever, ah-oh, yeah!"

Daphine joined Jazz at his mircophone while Andrew joined up with Raoul.

"We are all together

(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)

Now it's better than ever

(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)

You can feel it, we are back

And I'm so glad that we're better

Better than ever!"

As they were playing, they all began glowing, their Cybertronian armour taking shape. And it wasn't just happening to Raoul, Jazz, and Daphine, it was happening to everyone this time. As they chanted the chorus one more time, Raoul stepped up towards his microphone again as Andrew stepped back.

"There was a time we couldn't see past the differences."

Then Jazz stepped forward, plucking the strings of the base guitar with his fingers.

"That seperated you and me, and it left us on our own."

Josh pounded his sticks on the drums.

"But now you walk these halls and friends are everywhere."

Everyone looked at each other, smiles all around.

"Yeah we're the Autobots forever, ah-oh, yeah!

We are all together

(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)

Now it's better than ever

(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)

Now that we are back on track

Yes, I'm so glad that we're better!

Better than ever!"

Everyone was smiling and laughing as they continued to sing, finishing the song.

Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Oh yeah, we're better than ever

Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Oh yeah, we're better than ever

Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Oh yeah, we're better than ever!"

Once they ended the song and stopped playing, their Cybertronian armour dematerialized, vanishing as their regular clothes reappeared underneath the armour. Blaster applauded them, followed by a thumbs up. "Great job guys."

Daphine giggled as she took off the strap of her keytar, setting it down. "I still can't believe that happens when we play."

"I just wonder why it happens. Think about it, I mean, before it only happened when we protected Vaughan and that force field showed up. Now, our armour appears when we only play music. Why is that?" Spike thought a loud.

"I'm wondering the same thing." Jazz agreed.

"Who cares! It makes my band look totally awesome, man!" Raoul exclaimed.

"You're band?" Daphine asked with a hint of attitude.

"Well, duh! I'm the one who suggested that we take part in the showcase in the first place." He stated.

An overhead chime went off as a voice spoke over the loud speaker. "Vaughan Witwickey, please report to the main foyer."

"Gotta run you guys," Vaughan spoke as she set the microphone back on the stand. "I'm showing some new students around. Figured I'd let them get to know before they hear about, well, you know what."

"We'll see you at lunch Vaughan." Raoul replied as he and the others waved at her.

She waved back as she left the room, turning the corner of the hallway, only to bump into her Japanese friend.

"Oto! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." Vaughan apologized.

"Not a problem." He assured her. "I heard you guys from out here. You're sounding really tight."

"Really?" Vaughan beamed. "Control yourself!" She thought. "Don't sound like you're bragging!" She coughed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Well, I mean, we're getting there. Daphine's coming in on the chorus a bit late and Jazz's solo could use a bit more work." She smiled. "But they'll get it in time for the showcase."

"Cool." Oto smirked. "Is it alright if I chill with you and your friends at lunch?"

"Sure thing Oto. Don't even need to ask." Vaughan replied.

"Cool. I'll see you then. Keep on rockin' it!" He patted her on the shoulder as he walked by her, continuing his walk down the hall.

Vaughan watched him leave, and once he was out of sight, Vaughan blushed like mad.

"Someone I know is a smitten kitten." She mumbled, before slapping herself in the face. "Focus Vaughan! Just get to the foyer."

She sighed, shaking her head as she continued her path down the hall.