[ 35 ] Run Boy Run

CHAPTER THIRTY- FIVE
• run boy run •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

EVONY SHOULD'VE KNOWN that Max would wake her up at the crack of Dawn. He was probably awake for a solid hour before he had even dared to tamper into her hut. His outmost positivity was refreshing though, since the dream she had woke up from was anything of the sort. Besides that, however, she didn't need his blonde curls being the first thing she saw as she forced herself up and out of bed.

"Rise and shine," he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows in a jagged pattern. Evony slapped his hand that had tried to pull away her blanket.

"I'm up," she insured. She forced her body to push itself up onto her elbows. "Give me five minutes and I'll be ready."

"Better be; your boyfriends waiting."

"He can wait as long as he needs too," she retorted back. Max only shrugged.

"That's funny since it seems you couldn't keep your hands to yourself for one night."

His words took a minute to sink in, but once they did she shot up and out from under her covers. She was sure her eyes had gone wide—there was a good reason for them to after all. Max was slowly walking backwards towards the door, a steadfast smile on his face that was a bit too snarky for her liking.

He let out a sharp laugh. "Don't worry. I just saw you walking back from that direction, but you know me, assuming the worst."

He turned and left after that, waving his fingers goodbye before he shut the door behind him. Evony swore there was no privacy in the Glade. Somehow somebody knew something about her no matter the situation. It was like how everyone knew she liked Thomas before she did. Except looking back she had realized how obvious it was during the later months.

Evony went through her normal morning routine, finishing it off by pulling her runners harnest over her head.

A flash of an image from her dream spun in her head, quickly enveloping her back into the picture.

Her eyes darted back and forth to both ends of the hallway she was in before grabbing the collar of a shirt and pulling the body out of view. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" The blurry face stammered in a panicked state, "What are you doing here!"

She clasped a hand over the figures mouth. A boy behind them, who she didn't recognize, gave them a funny look in which she responded with pressed lips and a shrug. She looked back over to see the figure staring at her with the most shocked expression that she had ever seen.

"Look-" She started, her tone sharp from the anger bubbling up inside her.

"Evony, why are you here?"

She rolled her eyes, "it's fine-"

"Tell me what they told you."

"Its fi-"

"Evony, tell me exactly what they told you." The figure ordered, but this time the voice was louder and somehow deeper at the same time. She let go of their shirt, pushing at their chest so they would back away from her.

"You want to know what they told me?" Her arms crossed in front of her. "They called me a lying bitch when I explained what you said to me last night. Yeah, that whole thing about me not going into the maze—bullshit."