[ 11 ] Muddy Thoughts

CHAPTER ELEVEN
• muddy thoughts •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

THOMAS FELT INCREDIBLY stupid as he snuck away from the group to go change his pants. He felt even more dumb when he realized Evony had seen him leave and followed after him.

"Thomas!" she called out to him. He heard her banging on the bathroom door, a loud grunt leaving her lips when he didn't answer. Panicking, he shrugged off the material and slipped on another pair of pants that were recently cleaned.

"Uh- I'm coming, hold on," he replied, struggling to pull up the zipper. Evony chuckled from behind the door; his heart skipped a beat at the sound.

Stay focused, Thomas. Get your pants on.

"Alby already started counting," she informed, her tone set more serious, "And i'd kind of like to win; I did horrible last year."

Even though he was aware she couldn't see-he nodded. His heart was thumping against his chest as he rushed to hurry up. It was taking too long, and the last thing he wanted to do was be the cause of Evony losing.

It would crush him to find out she was upset because of him.

"Sorry! I-" his voice got cut off by the sound of another's laugh. Minho's laugh.

Shuffling sounded from outside the bathroom. His ears perked as he tried to distinguish what the two were saying. He wobbled over closer to the door, attempting to not only listen but get to the girl quicker so they could go hide.

"Thomas in there?"

A pause. Evony spoke next, "Yea."

Another pause. "What's he doing?"

He heard a deep sigh come from the other side of the door. Thomas held his breath, wondering what was about to come out of the girl's mouth.

"He's peeing." Evony replied nonchalantly; Thomas felt like an idiot for not trusting her.

"He's taking a while to pee, don't- Chuck my dude! Get over here!"

Thomas pulled the zipper all the way up and hobbled to the door handle, swinging it open. His eyes were met with Chuck's big brown ones, the little boys going wide as their foreheads almost smashed together.

"Sorry, I was fixing my pants," Thomas stated, glancing over at the three people in front of him. Chuck tilted his head in confusion, Evony rapidly shook her head, and Minho smirked down at the boy. He went white, the blood rushing out of his face as the older boy's gaze stayed lingering on him. He wasn't sure what he had done, but it seemed that it was sending Evony into a panic.

The girl grabbed at his wrist, proceeding to drag him away to hide. "This has been fun, but we got to go," she rushed out, taking a quick glance at Minho. Thomas was looking between the two, searching their expressions for what he had done to make things so awkward.

However, before Evony managed to get them away, Minho grabbed both of their shoulders and pulled them back. "Did you say you were fixing your pants?"

"Yeah?" The brunete said questionably-he didn't know what was so bad about that. There was no way the other boy found out about the food fight incident, right?

Minho nodded slowly at Evony while she shook her head back. Chuck stood between the three of them with a bright smile, not sure what was going on but still happy to be with his friends. One more glance was shared between the two best friends, ending with Evony letting out another sigh. She gripped his wrist tighter and began to walk away, flipping Minho off as she did so.