[ 15 ] Intoxicated

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
• intoxicated •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

THOMAS HAD TO stay in the slammer for a whole week. He thought that was outrageous since he had only throw the punch to contradict what Aaron had done in the first place. His efforts didnt earn credit though, because Alby and the majority of the Keepers had agreed that any form of violence needed to be punished. Evony told him it was for the sole purpose of keeping the rules enforced-whatever that meant. He still didn't care, the builder deserved what he got.

Every night he was in the pit, Evony came and visited him. A sand-which would be in one hand while her notebook was secured under her other arm. She would then jump down and show him the new drawings she'd been working on. Sometimes they even made time for her to teach him a few tips. Thomas would say that he was a decent artist by the end of the week.

Obviously not as good as her though.

Yesterday he had gotten out of the pit, yet he still wasn't allowed to go running today. Minho told him it was another part of his punishment; he also made sure to reassure him that Evony wouldn't be going alone. Definitely not judging from what happened last time she was left by herself.

Now it was the current day, and he was resting his back against a log as he stared off into the distance. Voices from his friends filled his ears, but he was blocking them out so he could concentrate on the sky.

Little twinkling stars that shined across the black abyss. Recently he had been entranced by them, studying them so he would be able to participate next time he and Evony had a conversation concerning that topic. He liked to create shapes with them. To connect the dots together like a puzzle.

"Do you guys ever look at the stars?" he asked. His words were so mindlessly thrown out that he didn't realize the three boys had stopped talking to look at him.

"The stars?" Ben laughed, "Why would we look at those things?"

"Cause they're pretty," Thomas added, still speaking without addressing any of them in particular. He heard more chuckles from around him. Max and Ben were having too much fun making fun of the boy for liking something that was so silly in their eyes.

Max placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking Thomas out of his trance. "They're just dots." He shrugged seeing the brunets hurt expression, "But good for you."

"I never look at them, either," Minho started, "But you do you, shortie."

Thomas didn't want to admit he felt as if he'd been punched in the gut. He had figured that at least one of them enjoyed their beauty as much as he'd come too, but it seemed not. His eyes fell onto his lap where his hands laid still, "Evony likes the stars," he muttered.

That shut them up.

"Oh, uh," Ben looked around nervously at the other two; now it sounded like they were offending the girl aswell. "Who wants a drink?"

Giving the boy a judgmental glare, he rested his head back down on the fallen tree. The two other runners agreed to a drink, and Ben scurried off to get them their goods. Thomas; however, denied; he didn't enjoy the bitter taste that came with slurping down the burning liquid.

"Your panties in a twist, huh," Minho joked while Max nudged him in the shoulder. "Why not have a few sips? For the fun of it."

Ben had returned with the jars, and each boy took to sipping down the yellow Moonshine. The two runners offered their glasses to him, to which he denied once more. "I don't want it," Thomas claimed, pushing them away and spilling a bit of the liquid on him in the process.