𝐏𝐫𝗼𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲 (Prologue)

The sky glowed amber as dusk fell upon the Hall of Guardians

The sky glowed amber as dusk fell upon the Hall of Guardians. The Vanguard leaders' discussion was interrupted when a red and white Exo entered the room, her light blue eyes glowed with a grimness of another glimpse into a dark future. "Commander Zavala.", Lakshmi-2 caught the threes' attentions with a single name as she stepped towards the long table. "Future War Cult has foreseen our destruction."

It was Cayde-6 to speak to his fellow Exo first, by the tone in his voice you could tell he didn't take her seriously. "Is that Cult still using that Device? Doesn't that make y'all go a lil nuts?"

Zavala and Ikora didn't look very alarmed either but Ikora still gave Lakshmi a chance to speak what she's discovered, "What have you seen?"

Lakshmi didn't bat an eye at Cayde's criticism as she continued, "Humanity's extinction."

Zavala's blue eyes narrowed with seriousness while being the first to respond, "Did you see how or what caused it?"

The female Exo gave a brief nod before continuing. "A green eyed devil in the skin of a beautiful woman who's a Lightbearer will bring upon a second Collapse."

The Vanguard leaders looked at each other before looking back to Lakshmi, Ikora had a faint look of alarm in her eyes. "Are you certain of this?" Her ask for confirmation was met with another nod from the FWC leader.

There was a long silence in the room as they thought over what the female Exo had just said until Lakshmi finally turned her back to them. "What you decide to do with that information is up to you. I advise you keep a very close eye on your Guardians." Lakshmi gives her last warning on her prophecy before leaving the room.

Ikora then looked at Zavala who had turned his back to his fireteam to look out the window behind him, staring at the sky that was about to fall into night.

Cayde spoke before Ikora could even get the chance to ask for Zavala's opinion. "You can't be seriously be thinking that can happen. Sure, there's bad Lightbearers out there. Dredgen Yor and his Shadows were a prime example. But a Lightbearer that brings a second Collapse? Isn't that a little overboard?"

The Warlock Vanguard put a hand to her chin in thought. "It was the Darkness that brought the Collapse in the first place. For a Lightbearer to.. it, or she, would have to be immensely powerful."

There was another silence until Zavala finally decided to speak, "I don't believe my Guardians would ever do anything that would cause Humanity's destruction. Guardians are defenders, not destroyers."

Cayde looked a little taken aback at Zavala's words. "Lakshmi called her a Lightbearer." The Hunter Vanguard says as the Titan turned around to face his fireteam.

"She also called her a Guardian."