chapter thirty-one

Start from the beginning

"How do you know he's telling the truth, Flaire baby?" Tomika asked. 

"My dad got shot in his face and also grazed in his head; in the hospital reports, it shows that, but in the trial, it only talks about the head wound. What person who's committing suicide will shoot himself in the jaw?"

"That's enough to open the case but not to win; that's circumstantial at best."

"She's not done," Keygan said. 

"My dad said my mom called 911; I talked to a dispatcher who gave me this recording." Flaire pulled out her MacBook, which held the file. 

"911, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asked.

"My husband has been shot, 834 Spring-" Was all she got out as a scuffling sound could be heard. 

"Ma'am, are you okay? Are you in immediate danger?" The 911 dispatcher asked. "Stay on the phone; we'll try to track your location."

"Jonas, stop. Help." It could be heard faintly before the line with blank. 

"Did you hear her tell him to stop and ask for help?" Flaire asked. "How can she tell anybody to stop if she was reportedly killed first? And she said her husband was shot, meaning my dad."

"Also, they found DNA under her nails which was Jonas. They knew they were having an affair, so they didn't think anything of it but looking at his autopsy, there are no scratches besides his face and neck, which he was choking her."

"Why would he kill them if Aziel caught them in bed together?" Leval asked.

"My mom was pregnant, and my dad had reversed his vasectomy without telling her. After he shot my dad, she confessed, thinking he'll let her call the police."

Leval looked at all the evidence, not saying anything; he scanned through each page, noticing something. 

"You see where he's laying and this blood pattern?" Leval pointed out. "That means something was moved around or staged. From what I'm looking at, you have a case."

"So you'll help me?" Flaire asked.

"Of course." He handed back her money. "You'll never have to pay for my services, mi amour." 

"Thank you, Leval!" She rushed into his arms. "My dad's going to be so happy; he's going to be upset at first 'cause he told me to leave it alone, but he'll be out of jail." 

"I have to make a few calls, but Monday or Tuesday, I will be filing an adjudication also reopening the case so he can be left off freely. I will request a court date or ruling by the end of the week to allow the cops to try to cover their asses. I have no doubt your father won't be out of jail by the following week."

"I don't want to tell him until you see him; I want you to tell him the good news." 

"No problem, let me make some calls." He told them, walking to this desk. "Oh, Flaire, can you email me that recording? Here's my email." 

"No problem."

Flaire felt a sense of relief; a heavy weight was finally lifted off her shoulders. 

"Let me show y'all to y'all room!" Brat smiled. "I was so bored."

"We could tell with your excited ass you need to relax." Keygan looked at her. 

"When you settle in, come downstairs. I'll show y'all around." 

She walked out of the room as Flaire sat down, blowing out a breath; she still couldn't believe her father would be getting out of jail. She couldn't believe it.