Will you go on a fake-real date with me?

The week went by rather smoothly than I thought it would. Mr. Laurent is coming back on Sunday and I still have tomorrow to take my dad to the doctor and that is exactly what I will be doing. 

I finally paid the rent off and Mr. Sharma happily took his son on the vacation. Dad will be spending the weekend with me, yes. I love to have him around of course. 

I still haven't seen him since the last time I promised I would give him my number if we met again. I think maybe it's fate that doesn't want us to be together, that doesn't want me to be with a murderer. 

I think I should have stopped thinking about him but I still see him whenever I close my eyes before going to bed. I bet he would be getting drunk at some bar, which is the precise reason I haven't seen him around. 

I currently took a pause from drinking every night. It's been a week since I last got drunk, and that was when I saw him. I should probably move on from his thoughts but they have consumed in many more ways than I thought it would. 

I was disappointed when I couldn't meet him on my way back home. But then I think it's only been a week and I am so obssessed with him and that I should probably wait it out and he will come to me? 

I don't even know why I was thinking about him coming to me if I didn't meet him but I did and I wanted it to happen. 

"We are all set to leave hun. Chloe?" I was bringing my dad to stay with me for the weekend, as I said and he was just done packing his small bag for the weekend. 

"Ah yes, I will put your bag in the boot and you can go sit in the front." I picked up the bag and took it out for him while he sat down inside the car. 

"I am still gonna ask you to spend this money on yourself and not me. Your mother would be happy if you did." 

"What did I say dad? We are spending it all on you and mother would be happier if she will see you get better, won't she? I think you're overthinking the situation so just relax and put on your seat belt." 

My dad lives 70 miles away from New York, here in New Jersey. It's at least takes 2 hours to reach back to New York. 

"So do you have any boyfriend yet?" Dad asked me while we were still on the road. 

"No, no one wants to go out with me." I am sure Kevin asked me the last weekend to go out with him and I have been asked out a million times before that but no, I didn't show up to even one of them. I even plainly denied some. 

"I am sure that's not true. You're a successfull beautiful woman who anyone would kill for to have by his side. It's you who pushes them away, am I right kiddo?" Yes you are dad. I am the picky one out of them all because I haven't met the one I want.

"That is so not true. I want a boyfriend for myself as well. I am even going out on a date tonight with a guy from my office." I lied. I am not going out but if I told him that, I am sure he would go on with his lectures of "you should not be single anymore" or "you're 26 already, find yourself a boyfriend who will take care of you" and so on. 

"Really? Tonight? That's great. I get to meet him then." He sounded way more cheerful and happy than a 16 year old girl who is excited to go out on her first date with her crush. 

"Yes you will." I said and put on some of his favorite music which would keep him occupied to talk to me about my love life.

"This is where you live?" Dad asked me once we arrived. 

"Yes. It is not that bad from inside dad and please stop judging, this is like the cheapest option out there." I said and pulled his bag out from the boot.