You Gotta Be Yourself!

Hey babes, thank you all so much for all your patience and amazing comments. You guys keep me alive in writing.

Also, I'm dedicating this chapter to NotAboutAngels101 because she's been awesome, a friend, and her comments always instigate me to update.

**************

Alright, we're here again for a new chit chat and the topic of the chapter is "Be Yourself". Yeah I know what you're all thinking is that "Everyone says be different", "I've heard this a zillion times" but remember I told you girls that this book is not gonna be one of those inspirational books that unfortunately lie to us and make life so easy when almost everything is elusive.

I'm so excited about this topic because this is something I learnt about a week ago during my last days in high school . I know its hard, Its really hard to be ourselves when every body around us is living a world of fantasy be it fake or not. I know its also hard because in this era, we get judged for everything we do and I think its really sick! But here's the truth, there's nothing better in life than appreciating yourself, respecting your family background and letting your original personality shine through.

Now girls, I know some of you can be reaaally crazay cause your minds are probably already lingering to retaining your wayward behavior or nasty personalities because it says "Be yourself".That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the beautiful girls who know they have some good in them that is worth sharing. I'm talking about you beautiful girls who know that what they're doing is definitely right. I'm telling you right now as a friend and even as a sister to accept yourself for who you are.

Like I said earlier, I was going to make this as informal as possible and share my experiences with you cause you guys give me hope. I have this journal where I pour my heart out so I just decided to have all my closest friends write some tributes in my journal so I can always have the special memories to hold on to and carry in my heart forever.

To tell you the truth, I was more shocked than pleased when I was reading them. The good kind of shock. You know, everyone of them had something to say on how much of an influence I was in one way or the other to them by being myself. Some of them called me their role model can you believe it? I mean I never even knew that people were looking up to me while I was busy struggling to be myself. I must say that sometimes, I felt like a jerk and like an outsider but I found inner strength to keep going. I got into quarrels because I refused to do what others were doing, I felt my back bleeding from all the gossips and back biting but I never stopped trying.

I actually cried when I read those tributes because it meant so much to me. I just want you guys to always be yourself because you don't know who's looking up to you, you don't know the people that are admiring you, you don't know the souls you're helping so just keep going. I just feel like until I actually share some of the phrases from the journal with you, I'll not just be justified because it'll be like every other book. I really want you girls to read them because we're almost the same age and we understand ourselves better. Here they are.

Also, please I'm sharing these with you because I want you all to be inspired, I'm not trying to brag or throw anything in your faces.

So here they are:

"Meeting Amaka is like finding a perfect rose, one you'd want to keep forever because the edges are not withered and the colour is not washed off a little. This description of her is so true because she doesn't ever ever succomb to peer pressure rather she sets the trend and forms a perfect influence for everyone around her"

P.S, my native name is Amaka

This particular entry was from my friend, my newest friend actually. The funny thing is that she's someone I've always admired and respected so much. Little did I know that she thought of me this way.

Here's another one;

**

"Amaka, you're a supernatural woman, in every sense of it. You are emblazoned with courage refined by time and skill. Your strides are taken with confidence and even when you have doubts, it doesn't look like it. My greatest hope is that the world gets to witness every ounce of your greatness and every drop of your kindness and affection"

This is another one, its a poem extract and I just wanted to share it also.

**

"You are one to look up to

A model, a hero, a friend"

You still want more? okay here's another one.

**

"You are my inspiration and I wish to be like you, I think you're even my role model but don't feel too happy and don't start smiling stupidly"

This next one is from a special someone. He's like the smartest guy in my set so I was really shocked to read his.

**

"You're someone I'm extremely proud of and love calling my friend. I respect you for many things, you're smart, beautiful and tall among others. I look up to you though you might not believe you and at times, I try to model myself after you"

Now this is the last one

**

"With you're knowing smile, your clear eyes, and your kind heart, you've managed to influence everyone around you and leave them better than you found them"

And can I just add this one again please cause it warms my heart and I want you all to be told this someday with such emotions.

**

"I can't count the one million and one-ty one times you've made me laugh and smile and you don't know how I am for that"

Can you feel the tears because they're flowing endlessly right now. I just can't believe the fact that I've actually left footprints in people's lives. It's an amazing feeling.

That's it for the topic guys! I hope you liked it but most especially, I hope you read beyond all the compliments and got the message. Honestly, I want you girls to always, always be who you really are because someday, sometime, it's gonna pay off and I really hope that that day comes really soon. I love you all and I hope that I've influenced and inspired you aswell. So now, spread your wings and soar higher because the world awaits you." As usual, there's always a quote for every chapter. This time I chose a short one with an implied meaning. Here it is;

**

" Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

You gotta do it on purpose so they'll know who you are and most of all, they'll respect you for what you've become. Trust me on this one.

Thank you again for reading this. It really means a lot to me. Don't forget to vote and off course comment. Tell me what you think, comment whatever you want and the next chapter may be dedicated to you!

all my love x.

I love you that votes!