Beauty with Brains

Before I start ,I'll like to give a huge shoutout to @padfoot31 for her awesome words of encouragements. Wattpad needs more people like her. x

*******

I decided to start with a topic that deals with beauty because I know most of us are interested in the way we look, our appearance to the world. Now the question is does it matter? Yes yes it does. I'm not going to lie like some books that say it doesn't matter what you're wearing or how you look because that's what makes you different. I think there's a huge lie to that.

I'm coming from a different angle now. Girls, first of all you are all beautiful in your own special way.Here's to this when I was younger, as an African( a proud one) I had my hair cut off because I didn't like the stress of braiding it. Guess what? well you guesed right.. I looked ugly! Each time I find a picture of myself back in those days I want to tear them into tiny pieces.However, now I've grown my hair to a considerable length and I'm proud of that.

Back to the topic, I know appearing beautiful is a high priority in our lives but what's beauty without brains. Yeah I know recently, no one really cares about what's upstairs in our heads, they are only concerened on what they can see physically. Let me tell you the truth, I believe a girl's pride is her intelligence. Hold on, when I say intelligence I don't mean that we have to sweep the honour roll or earn thousands of schorlarships and stuffs like that. It's about setting your boundaries. How far can people talk to you before they know when to stop. To what extent can boys associate with you before they know they've crossed their boundaries? That's what I'm talking about.

Now like I said, I'll be sharing some of my experiences with you all. All my high school years, I'm in grade 12 now; alot of boys have told me that I'm "harsh", "straight-forward" and "so straight to the point". This is true not because I don't like talking to boys (I actually want to have more boy friends than girlfriends in the future) but because I want them to know where their boundary is. The funny thing is that as much as I keep this attitude, it makes them want to even talk to me the more and God knows that I'm not lying.

Just like everyone of you, I'm also beautiful because I've told myself that I'm beautiful. Moving on to continue what I was saying, there was a beauty paegent in my school and I participated. I want you to know that as much as I was so harsh and straight forward then, I was not outspoken..yeah I know 'twas a huge weakness. Anyways, guess what? For some reasons almost every boy in my grade wanted me to win the competition. Bear in mind that this competition is a huge one. You cannot imagine how honoured I felt for alot of people to believe in me even when I didn't even talk to them. Some came to meet me and started calling me "Miss CDMIS" even before the competition day because they felt I was the queen already that's what it's called.

The day came, all the contestants were allowed to make up and look their best. I had these two really awesome assistants(two great friends also) that helped me through everything. They made me up. To the main point, did you know that everytime I made an appearance, I believed the audience cheered most for me. It was amazing! at one point people actually stood up for me to cheer me on and as I was cat walking I was thinking "Wow! I never knew I was this loved!"

They cheered because I looked really beautiful, they cheered because there was a way I carried myself before their eyes that was different from every other contestant. Now, what I'm trying to get across to you is that you should look beautiful but don't forget to be smart as well. It creates an intruging  atmosphere that makes people want to know you more. That way you get all the attention you crave for.

And I'm sure some of you will want to know if I won the paegent. No I didn't, I was the 2nd runner up but I want you to know that it did not change me from making me think good about myself. I realized that there's more to just outer beauty.

Now, a quote for you to chew on:

"Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates."
-Kate Angell

Be beautiful but let your intelligence and worth be a captivating mystery that people will yearn to solve.

See you in the next topic x

STOP!!! Have you clicked the vote tab??