Part 23

Alya had entered the room covering her face, as it is always open for team mates. Anisha who was coming outside her room to get some air, saw someone entering his room with a knife. She got scared and ran towards the room. She entered and saw her standing behind him holding a knife, she got terrified she ran towards the balcony.
Before she could hit him Anisha came in between and she got stabbed just above heart.

"Ahhhhhhh" she screamed in pain and Mahi suddenly got aware of his surroundings and before he could catch Alya she ran away.
He held Anisha immediately before she could fall.

"Anishaaaa." Mahi said in a very concerned and worried tone.
"Mahiii."

He immediately came out of shock and called for Ambulance. He informed Ro and Vi too.

They took her to the hospital. They took her inside for treatment.
Virat was in shock. She is his little sister and very important to him. He was scared about this the whole time. His nightmare had come true. He couldn't comprehend anything.

Mahi was no better. His guilt was eating him.
"I hurted her and she came in between to save me. Do I deserve her?"

Flashback
Mahi and Anisha were strolling on the terrace.

"Anisha, you don't know how much you mean to me. I love you so much."

"Awww. You mean to me alot too. I wish to be with you whole life."

"Me too."

"Also Anisha, I wanna make a promise to you."

"What promise?"

"That,. I promise to keep you safe. I promise to protect you always."

Flashback ends

Mahi let's out a sob remembering that promise. "I failed to keep that promise. I couldn't protect her. I should have listened to her. I shouldn't have held grudges. I don't wanna lose her."
He breaks down.

Here Virat's condition was worse. He couldn't see his sister like that. She was his whole life.

Doctor came out.

"We have saved her, but she is still critical. Let's see how she is responding."

"When will she wake up?" Asked Ro

"Can't say now." He said and left.

Virat was struggling to breath, he started sweating.

"Vi Vi are you okay?" Ro got worried
He quickly ran and got water. Made him drink some.
He hugged him to calm him down. After what felt like an eternity he calmed down and kept hugging Ro.

"Vi, Anisha will be okay. She is your sister, strong like you." Ro tried to make him understand.

"Cheeeku she will be fine" Mahi joined Ro trying to calm him. Trying to calm him too.

Due to excessive crying and stress Virat fainted.

"Vi? Vi?" Ro tried to wake him up but he wasn't responding.
Mahi got worried and called for doctor.

They shifted him to a room.

"Don't worry he has fainted due to stress."

"Okay doctor."

"See that he takes less stress. His condition might worsen if he takes more stress."

"Sure doctor."

"Bhai... They will be fine naa?"

"Yes bacha they will. They will have to be fine. For you, for each other."
Ro nodded

Mahi went outside to get some air and clear his mind.

"Both of my close ones are lying in hospital, one is between the battle for life and death and one's health is getting bad seeing his sister like that. I held grudges, I didn't speak to her properly, I hurt her too."
Guilt was eating Mahi from inside. He couldn't see his kiddo and love of his life lying there battling for life. It was killing him.

After a while Virat woke up.

"Vi? Are you okay?" Ro asked

"Vi?.... Vi?" Still no response
He tried shaking him. But he wasn't responding or registering anything. He was just staring blankly at some point. Just then Mahi entered with coffee.

"Bhaiii dekho na Vi kuch bol hi nahi raha hai." Ro said almost on the verge of crying.

"Cheeku, cheeku?" Mahi tried but the result was the same.

Ro went and called the doctor.

"Doctor see na he is not talking."

Doctor checked him. "He is probably under shock of seeing his sister in that condition. Once he sees her he should be fine. Just give some time." He said and left.

Ro sat there assuring him Anisha would be fine.

After a while a nurse came in.

"Sir, Anisha ma'am has gained her conscious, you can meet her."

"Thank you sister." Ro said.

"Vi, Anisha has woken up come let's go meet her." Ro said trying to cheer him up.

Virat got down from the bed and started walking in the direction of the door.
Mahi held him from one side to support him.

They entered Anisha's room.
Virat went towards her side and carased her face. His heart pained to see her attached with so many equipments.
She opened her eyes and looked at Virat who was looking at her with moist eyes.

"Anishaaa"

"Bhai, I am fine."

"Shut up. You scared us you idiot."

"Sorry Bhai."

Virat hugged her carefully not hurting her injured side. She hugged him back.
Ro and Mahi were looking at them with moist eyes.

"He finally spoke bhai." Ro whispered to Mahi.

"Yes he did. He will be okay now."
Ro nodded.

Virat broke the hug and kissed her forehead. He didn't leave her side for a second that day. Ro and Mahi decided to give them there space.

Updated guyss. Hope you liked it. Do let me know how it was

DO VOTE AND COMMENT