15

I leaned against the hood of my car, nervously checking my phone for the tenth time in the past two minutes. I was parked out front of Raines apartment, waiting for him to come down. It was officially 5PM, and I wanted to get started on shopping now so we have time to look around first.

After a couple more minutes, Raine finally stepped outside. He just had on a pair of leggings, a cropped loose tee, and a pair of high top white converse, his hair in a missy bun on top of his head. He wore a large cross body bag, which I'm assuming has all his things in it he needs to get ready for tonight.

I smiled, opening the passengers side door for him. "Hi, I was getting nervous that you were standing me up." I said as he walked up to me. I grabbed him around the waist, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Sorry, I wanted to make sure I had everything. You have mirrors at your place right?" He asked.

"Of course what am I a caveman?" I asked.

"Just making sure, sometimes men don't have mirrors at their houses, they just wing it." He said shrugging. Do I really look like a guy who just wings it?

"Get in, let's go." I said.

"Yes Sir." He said, hopping in. I closed the door for him, going around to the drivers side and climbing in.

"Do you have anywhere you wanted to go first?" I asked him.

"I'm, just to the mall is fine, I don't want to spend too much just for one night." He said.

"Why would you be paying? I invited you out, the least I could do is pay for you. Get whatever you want." I said. He opened his mouth to protest, but I continued. "And don't try to argue with me, I want this to be fun for you, don't worry about price tags just get what you want."

To be one hundred percent honest, I've already purchased an outfit for him. It's already ready in a gift box and waiting at my apartment. I know whatever is at the mall won't be appropriate for the club, at least not the one we're going to, so I went earlier today to purchase it.

"Are you sure?" He asked timidly, but I could see in his face he was excited by the thought of having no budget at the mall.

"Absolutely, now let's go." I said, reaching over to grab his hand as I pulled away from his apartment building.

◎◎◎◎◎

We spent all day at the mall, probably hit every single store. Raine was absolutely elated. He was a bit shy at first, nervously looking at price tags whenever he looked at something he liked. Eventually he realized I really will buy him whatever he wishes, and he went crazy. We got things from regular clothing stores like Hollister, H&M, Pacsun, and other casual stores. He also went into the jewelry stores to take a gander, but he only ended up choosing a bracelet and necklace set from pandora. I made him choose the authentic gold set, so go with his Cartier bracelets. He even ventured into Victorias Secret, but he refused to let me go inside with him.
I waisted so badly he would let me go in with him and choose something, but didn't force it.

The one thing I'm proud of though, I got him to buy a bag from Louis Vuitton. He was trying to act like he didn't want it at first, but with a little convincing he was onboard.

After shopping we are a nice dinner at a local steakhouse, has a few glasses of wine, and headed back to my apartment.

"I'm so sorry." Raine repeated for the millionth time as the concierge carried his shopping bags from the elevator to my front door.