6

A/N: photo reference of Raines outfit.

𝔸𝕀ℕ𝔼

I looked at my closet for the millionth time, groaning in frustration. I have literally no idea what to wear.

I have a lot of clothes, but a lot of them aren't really work appropriate, maybe if I worked in retail or something like that I could get away with some things, but definitely not in a law firm. Like the crop tops and mesh things are definitely not going to fly, and the bright colors in my closet are just going to make me stand out even more...

Ah fuck it, I didn't wear a suit to my first interview and he loved me so I'm just going to wear what I feel comfortable in.

I decided to go with one of my favorite classic pieces in my closet. It was a black large oversized chiffon set that sort of looked like a suit. It was very loose and flowy, and the legs were wide legged to the point where it almost looked like a maxi skirt. There were small hidden buttons on the top, which I buttoned down about two thirds of the way, leaving the end pieces to flow freely. There was a small peep hole right below the collar which exposed tiny bit of skin, which I covered with a few gold chains. I added some other gold accessories, some gold studded earrings, gold bracelets, and a gold body chain underneath my top. Nobody can really see it unless they were looking up my shirt, but it's still nice to have.

I turned to look at myself in the mirror, doing a small spin. Cute, and modest, this will work perfectly. I put my hair in a quick messy bun in the back of my head, securing it with a claw clip. I pulled a few strands of hair out to frame my face and did a quick spritz with my Dior Sauvage cologne that I had gotten as a graduation gift a while ago. I had just recently started using it, I wasn't usually a cologne person, but I enjoyed the scent. Plus I thought since I was going to be in a new work place and in close proximity to others, I might as well smell good.

I grabbed my brown messenger bag, throwing it over my head so I was wearing it as a cross-body. I did another once over in the mirror. I look cute I suppose, I hope this is dressy enough. I want be professional, but with a little flavor. Plus my style is a big part of my appeal, I like to step out of the box sometimes, be the odd one out. That damn law firm is full of boring suits anyways, they need a little gay in their lives to brighten up that boring little office.

I walked over to my dresser, grabbing my very light makeup bag and opening it up. I don't wear much makeup, I couldn't beat my face to save my life actually, but I'm learning. As of now all I can do successfully is mascara, and maybe some tinted BB cream if I'm feeling spicy, and some bronzer. I feel like I'm running a little late, so I slapped on some mascara quickly on my upper and lower lashes, put on a clear gloss, and headed out the door.

I got in my car, driving in the direction of the office. I let myself disassociate a little bit as I drove, my thoughts wandering to Mr. Valenti. He's a pretty interesting guy, I still can't believe he hired me on the spot like that, he didn't even really see what I can do before he agreed to have me. Maybe he just saw my potential I don't know. There was a small part of me that was...unsure.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out, walking to those familiar large glass doors. I walked past the front desk this time not even bothering to disturb the two love birds sitting there and sharing a laugh. I squeezed my way into crowded elevator, watching the number go up as we went. The crowd started to thin out the higher up we went, and eventually it was just one other guy and I left in the elevator. He looked vaguely familiar, I had definitely seen him the last time I was here.

The elevator finally opened and the man basically ran out he was moving so fast, he must've been in a rush.

I walked toward the desk where Ava was seated, putting on my best smile as I approached. "Hi, Ava?" I said quietly. She gave me the one moment gesture, turning back towards her phone. It sounded like an important phone call, so I sat down on one of the couches as I waited for her to finish up. I looked around and saw a few people rushing back in forth, coming in and out of meeting rooms and offices. Maybe I should use the restroom, I don't know how long this is going to take. I'm a little earlier than I thought I would be, there wasn't much traffic on the way here so it was pretty much a straight shot.