Chapter 21: She Isn't Coming

JENNIE'S POV

Ever since New Year, getting the approval of our relationship from Lisa's parents, both of our spirits were definitely lifted. We continued to talk over the phone every night. I really wished we could be together in the flesh though.

*Incoming Call from Lisa*

Lisa: Hi baby!

Jennie: Hello babe!

Lisa: So, I was wondering.. do you want to go out on your birthday? I thought I could bring you somewhere. Jisoo and Rose could also bond.

Jennie: That's sweet of you babe, is it okay we stayed in though?

Lisa: Why? Do you not like going out?

Jennie: No no! Don't get me wrong, I love to. But I figured that I would need a lot of your kisses and well, we wouldn't want to scandalize on the front page of the paper or news.

Lisa: Hahaha! You have a point. But we can announce our relationship you know? We don't have to be sneaky about it. If people see me going to yours so often, there bound to be rumors.

Jennie: I know. Let it come naturally yeah? But I want you to myself that day. With Rose and Jisoo being extras. We should leave them somewhere in the house to bond aye?

Lisa: You cheeky girl. I can't wait to be with you again.

Jennie: Me too! See you in 2 days!

It was finally the day of my birthday. Lisa told me she had an urgent meeting this morning but would set off right after.

Jisoo and I have been chatting and watching a program on tv that we didn't realize it was already 3pm. Lisa hasn't called or texted. I wondered if her meeting overran. Lisa isn't someone to break her promises - not as a princess, even more so not a girlfriend. I knew that it would take her 3 hours to come down.

It was already 7pm, Jisoo and I had even finished our dinner, but Lisa and Rose are not here. I could tell Jisoo has been trying to distract me and making me laugh.

"She isn't coming is she?" I finally said out loud.

Jisoo didn't know what to say, "Lisa must have her reasons. She loves you so much." She dragged me to the couch and we continued watching tv. "The day's not over yet."

"We interrupt this program with breaking news! Earlier this evening, Princess Lalisa was seen leaving the palace with her entourage. The 5 cars have met in a devastating collision 2 hours away from the palace on Melody Bridge. A trailer truck seemed to have a head on collision with the car in the middle which Princess Lalisa could possibly be in. Police, fire engines and ambulances are now at the scene. We will return with more updates."

My world fell apart. I was immediately engulfed by Jisoo's embrace.

"No no no!!!! This cannot be happening!! Lisaaaaaa!!!!!!" I began to sob heavily

I couldn't stop crying. Lisa got into an accident because she was on her way here. I felt so guilty that I even doubted her.