Chapter 16: Welcome Home Princess

LISA'S POV

After a 3 hours drive, I've reached the foyer of the palace and I see my parents together with the palace staffs waiting.

"Welcome home Princess Lalisa!" They said in unison as I emerged from the car.

"Good evening father. Good evening mother." I greeted with a curtsy.

"Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. Thank you for taking care of my parents while I was away." I made a small speech. And they all cheered.

"Come dear. Go change and we'll have a family dinner." My mother tugged me in. "Yes mother."

I entered my room. It's bigger than the cottage and it suddenly felt cold. Jennie isn't here.

To Jennie: My love, I've reached the palace. It's not the same. You're not here. I hope you had a good day with Jisoo and Jin. I'm about to prepare to have dinner with my parents. Have you told Jin? I hope he receives the news well. It's my turn now. I'll call you later. Missing you.

I didn't have time to wait for Jennie's reply as I had to head to dinner with my parents.

"Father. Mother." I greeted as I entered the dining room.

"Sit, sit." My father started to study me. "You have lost weight my dear child. It must have been tough."

The servers started to bring our dinner to our table.

"It was an amazing experience. The people in the community were absolutely lovely. They are hardworking and kind." I reassured my parents.

"Even the lady who hit you? No one touches my daughter." My mother raised her voice slightly.

"Calm down mother. She had a tough time after the authorities evacuated her from her home. I will handle the Rosewood mansion case. Not to worry mother. It's forgiven." I didn't want my parents to worry.

"Always so forgiving and kind." My father praised.

The servers brought out our dessert. "Please leave us for a bit. There's a private matter I would like to speak to my father and mother about." The servers bowed and exited the room closing the doors behind them.

"What is it Lalisa?" My father question.

I put my fork down. Taking a deep breath I finally spoke, "I met someone." I looked up at them and they didn't seem to register what I meant. "I've fallen in love with someone."

At this moment, I swear I thought I became deaf. It was dead silent.

"Well, who is he?" My mother sounded enthusiastic.

"Her name is Jennie." Even saying her name made me smile.

*Bang* My father slammed the table and it shocked my mother and I.

"No! Whatever you have with this Jennie. Stop it!" My father raised his voice.

"Father please. Give her a chance. You don't even know her." I tried to remain calm.

My father suddenly stood up which cause both my mother and I to follow suit. "My daughter and the future queen of this country will not marry a commoner." He started pointing, which was a sign of the highest level of his anger before he does something drastic. My mother was trying to pull him back.

"Father, please." He started walking away. "I'm not going to give up on her." I said softly but loud enough for them to hear as they exited the room.

I went back to my room feeling upset and lost. It just started but I felt like I was already losing.

I checked my phone to see a text from Jennie.

From Jennie: Hi babe, I've told Jin, he's over the moon. He seems happier than me! How did yours go? Call me when you're done? Jisoo and Jin have left.

Sigh. What am I going yo tell Jennie.

*Calling Jennie*

Jennie: Hi babe! I missed you!

Me: I miss you too. I wish you were here.

Jennie: It didn't go well did it? You don't sound good.

Me: Yeah it didn't.

Jennie: I'm so sorry Lisa. Maybe we should-

Me: No! Don't even think or say it. You promised.

Jennie: I know. But they are your parents.

Me: Please, give me some time.

Jennie: Okay babe. You must be tired. Go rest and we'll talk tomorrow.

Me: Alright. Goodnight, I love you Jennie.

Jennie: I love you too.

If Jennie gives up. I honestly don't think I'm strong enough to handle it.