Chapter 19: Sick & Heartache

JENNIE'S POV

3... 2.. 1...

"Merry Christmas!" Jisoo and I shouted in unison and hugged each other.

We decided to watch another Christmas movie as I reached for my phone.

From Rose: Jennie, Lisa won't be able to call you tonight. She has gone to confront her father about this evening.

From Rose: I can't lie to you. Your girlfriend is crazy. And about to definitely fall sick.

"What? What does she mean?" I was confused by Rose's messages.

Jisoo turned to me and gave me a confused look too. I was growing increasingly worried.

ROSE'S POV

It's 6am. Lisa has been kneeling since 11pm. I could see her shivering and being exhausted. She started swaying despite kneeling.

I told Lucas to attend to the king while I waited for Lisa.

"Bring her back to her room Rose." The king spoke, I hadn't even notice he was behind me.

He turned to Lisa and nodded. Lisa returned with a small nod.

V and I ran out to help her up. But she could barely stand and she was definitely having a fever now. The both of us quickly supported her and carried her to her room.

"V, get the doctor, I'll change her out of these wet clothes." V immediately went straight to get the in-house doctor.

"Lisa, what was that about? Are you crazy? Your knees are bruised and you're running a fever." I nagged.

"J-jennie..." Lisa croaked.

The doctor came and checked on her and gave her some medication to put Lisa to sleep.

"J-jennie..." Lisa called out again.

Jennie texted me earlier to asked what was happening and that she's really worried.

To Jennie: I'm not sure exactly what went down with their conversation but Lisa knelt outside in the rain for 7 hours. Her knees are bruised and she's running a high fever now. The doctor just gave her some medication so she's asleep.